New Custom Dungeon

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Leon79
Novice

New Custom Dungeon

Post by Leon79 »

First of all I'd like to say hi to everybody on the forum. I've been reading this forum for well over two years now but never actually registered (slaps self on wrist).

Secondly I'm in the process of making a new custom dungeon for RTC 0.44. It's loosely based on The Nightmare on elm street series. I think what you can do with the current RTC engine is flexible enough to allow this. I hope to have a working beta version available for testing in about two weeks. I'll be (trying) to draw portraits and wall sets from scratch.

Anyway thanks for RTC and the forum.

David
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi and welcome! Interesting that you've lurked that long -- some of us admins have discussed this before and I've always maintained that no one would lurk that long without saying Hi! Guess I was wrong! :)
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

hello Leon79!
I assume the Bad Guy in your game is Freddie K.? ;) I liked that serie! Please include also other psychos from Wes Craven movies (especially The Family from "The Hills Have Eyes" movie).
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

Yup bad guy is Mr kruger. Heros Include Nancy, Kristen, Lisa etc etc. I'm open for other character/enemy suggestions as well. :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Noooooo, everyone elase maintains you wouldn't lurk for that long! But yeah, surprised when people dont' register if for no other reason than to know when new topics are in the forums :D

Well, won't bother welcoming you to the forums since you've been here so long, will just say glad you finally posted!

Have fun creatign the new dungeon, when you have a demo up I will update the dungeon limks at the top
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

Don't know why I lurked that long to be honest. I look at this forum daily, even at work (as I am now :lol: ). On the subject of the custom dungeon I'm just drawing the maps on graph paper to get a basic idea of the dungeon structure (or should I say boiler room :twisted: )

David
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I think it took me 3 months to register, David..... And about a year before I used Flashchat. See you there in about 6 years then!

I think the maps-on-paper thing work for me too. Even if you just did 'sections' of the dungeon that would then fit in at a later date when you dig down to it.
I can also recommend a plot-on-paper, too. Simple events linked by arrows or something?
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

Well the first few levels are mapped onto paper now, with items, monsters, events etc etc. I'll start to transfer them to the editor later today. Should be on target for a beta the week after next.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Dont beat yourself up with the delivery dates, David. After scanning this forum for over a year you probably know how long it takes to get these things to a 'beta-testing' stage. From my own somewhat limited experience I find testing my own work can sometimes take longer than creating the beast in the first place!
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

Almost completed the first two levels now. Creating your own dungeon is very time consuming but surprisingly addictive.

Your right about how long it will take to create Ian

:wink:
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

Sorry for the double post.

I have a Beta demo available for upload at the moment. As soon as I figure out how to upload the file :? (scratches head) It'll be available for all and sundry to test.
All your base are belong to me.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

You can probably send it to Wuffy or someone to host it for you...I think that's what most other people do if they don't already have an account at somewhere that hosts stuff...