Multi-Developer Dungeon

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Balthus
Novice

Multi-Developer Dungeon

Post by Balthus »

I had an idea for a multi-developer dungeon. Trouble is, I don't have enough time to work on my first official dungeon, let alone start a new one. I did a minor one with only three Vi altars throughout the entire dungeon on levels 1,7 and 14.

The story is basic. Go in and kill the bad guy and save the realm.

The Hall of Champions must remain untouched.

One person would develop levels 1-3,
The second person would develop levels 4-7.
The third 8-11.
The fourth would do 12 and 13.

Developers are allowed as much freedom as they desire for their levels. There would only be three absolute requirements.

1st. The main staircases leading between each level must stay in the same position as the original game. Makes it easier for others to continue the dungeon.
2nd. The wallsets must be the same throughout the entire dungeon.
3rd. Unless there are going to be multi-level puzzles or a set of specific items needed for deeper levels, there is to be no communication between developers about what their levels look like and what they have in placed inside.

Example of items needed between developers. A gear found on second level to be used in a machine on the sixth. Keys may be placed like the Ra/Master/Winged/ keys. A unique weapon, meteor metal, diamond edge, hardcleave, et al. to be placed in an alcove to open up a path leading onward.

So if any four developers are willing to pick up this idea and run with it, please do. Ask me any questions and I will answer them as best and as fast as I can.