Computer Question

Chat about new breakthroughs in technology and science. Or even about cool stuff that happened in the past...
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Computer Question

Post by MasterWuuf »

I've been trying to download drivers for the ethernet, video, sound, etc. for a number of computers.

Oddly, at least in my opinion, that my OS disk (XP Pro) doesn't seem to have these drivers available on the installation.

Since the OS doesn't install the drivers, I can't hook the problem computers up to the internet to find and install the drivers.

I've tried copying to a flash drive, etc., but I'm starting to scratch my head bald.

Can I purchase a cable with USB tips on both ends, with intent to get access through 'this' computer to the internet?

I figure I'll have to continue stumbling around in the dark corridors of the internet dungeon.
I thought someone might have more savvy then I, so the question/questions.

Help? :cry:
"Wuuf's big brother"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Computer Question

Post by beowuuf »

Odd, why does the flash drive not work?
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

MasterWuuf wrote:I've been trying to download drivers for the ethernet, video, sound, etc. for a number of computers.

Oddly, at least in my opinion, that my OS disk (XP Pro) doesn't seem to have these drivers available on the installation.

Since the OS doesn't install the drivers, I can't hook the problem computers up to the internet to find and install the drivers.

I've tried copying to a flash drive, etc., but I'm starting to scratch my head bald.

Can I purchase a cable with USB tips on both ends, with intent to get access through 'this' computer to the internet?

I figure I'll have to continue stumbling around in the dark corridors of the internet dungeon.
I thought someone might have more savvy then I, so the question/questions.

Help? :cry:

RE: Why flash drive doesn't seem to work.

At least at the DELL site, I haven't been able to save and move the drivers.
I've only been able to install them on the original computer.
It might be that I'm simply doing it wrong, or that I may have to scrap the DELL site for another site for the drivers.
"Wuuf's big brother"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, if the OS is at least telling you what try of cards, etc you have, I would go directly to the websites of those manufacturers themselves, and cut out the Dell middleman :)