Redid DmJava much better Avi support, npc interaction

Custom dungeons for DMJava
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ellis

Redid DmJava much better Avi support, npc interaction

Post by Ellis »

Ok I have taken and wrote my own source for dm java And I have implemented alot of things you could not do in the first one, Npc interaction, buy sell trade, villages, cities, camps, dungeons, you can make your own worlds now, not just a dungeon, it also supports mp3...

much better graphics, more spells over 15 new spells to be exact.

I will be releasing it within a few days. ill keep you posted.

http://www.jmjcomputer.com/finesthour

You will find screenshots and stuff on my site.

If your reading this thank a teacher,
If your reading this in english thank a soldier.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

all I have to say is..

http://www.devilwhiskey.com/main.html

claiming the design for your own is illegal. It's one thing to rip a site.. but you could at least give the man credit for his work done.

Post by Guest »

cowsmanaut wrote:all I have to say is..

http://www.devilwhiskey.com/main.html

claiming the design for your own is illegal. It's one thing to rip a site.. but you could at least give the man credit for his work done.
Man I have stolen noone's site, I created that site from scratch....That url you have there looks nothing like my site, where do you get off saying i stole a site?
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

Anonymous wrote:
cowsmanaut wrote: Man I have stolen noone's site, I created that site from scratch....That url you have there looks nothing like my site, where do you get off saying i stole a site?
Reeeally?

(Resized images. Full size screenshots available upon request if nescessary.)

Let's see. Identical layout positioning (menu,text,images). Identical background picture. Identical sidebar background stone slabs. Identical marquee... Heck, even an identical layout bug on the buttons on left side menu when using Mozilla :lol: (if you hover mouse over the bottom two text buttons on left, it causes the rest of the row to jump up and down)

Only things different is the actual text, the screenshots, and that your site has a badly clone-brush'ed region under your title text where the other site says "Devil Whiskey".

And if you still say they look nothing alike, I have to conclude that you indeed did stole the other site on the grounds that your eyesight is no where nearly good enough to create graphics like that... :lol:
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Hmm the link no longer seems to work now.....

The devil whiskey game looks like something to try out soon though.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

always amazes me how people wil post within a specific based community and think they won't get caught when ripping other peoepls stuff.. I mean really.. what are the chances a fan of first person fantasy might actually look at a site for first person fantasy games.. hmmmm I wonder.. what *AREEEE* the *OOOOOODDSSSS* :P

If you had only credited Mindspin for the design it might not have been so bad. I won't stand by though and not say anything about someone trying to rip off annothers hard work. I'm a professional artist and I see enough of my students, friends, and coworkers get ripped off regularily it's left a sour taste in my mouth.

end of rant..

to tell the truth I was quite interested in your new version of DMJava.. the only thing that bugged me was that site.

moo
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

me too... damn, i hope he will apologize and release his DM java version !!! :?
Ellis

Post by Ellis »

Actualy I did not design the site, My friends wife created it, she is supposed to be good at building sites and I even payed her to do it, But as I looked at those screenshots I knew she got the design from someone else. So I am doing the site myself, for now it will be down till I get things straight, I have put alot into the the dmjava and I would hate to see it go unnoticed due to this. For what it is worth I am truely sorry.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

agreed..

well now that that's out of the way.. I look forward to seeing the new version.

You should also tell your friends wife that invariably that ripping sites is something that's very hard to hide in this day and age.. especially in communities such as this one where we have people from around the world and in all walks of life.. heck you could rip a financial site and still be caught because we have people who work in that area.. everything can be easily traced back to it's roots.

moo

Post by Guest »

cowsmanaut wrote:agreed..

well now that that's out of the way.. I look forward to seeing the new version.

You should also tell your friends wife that invariably that ripping sites is something that's very hard to hide in this day and age.. especially in communities such as this one where we have people from around the world and in all walks of life.. heck you could rip a financial site and still be caught because we have people who work in that area.. everything can be easily traced back to it's roots.

moo

Well I've already had it out with her and she says she got that template from another place.... But that was not so because I have checked the source and all the images and stuff are named the same as the other site.

I'm working on a new site now, as soon as I get somthing up I'll set up dmjava.
isamu99
Novice

Post by isamu99 »

So Ellis what is the latest? I am dying to try out your DMJava game dude. Please give us an update!!
Playing Dungeon Master + listening to Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me by The Cure = RAPTURE!!