Making shops

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trego
Artisan

Making shops

Post by Trego »

Is there an easy way to create shops? Other Ideas would also be handy.

I like the merchant idea as in DM2,
but a I guess a simpler idea could be to use coin slots that release items.

I have tried opening up 2 editors and trying to paste from the DM2 to my dungeon (this doesn't work), and copying each tile seems long winded, pasting and copying from the text file (the specific wall/floor items and not just the layout) didn't work too well either.

I was thinking of suggesting:
Since in the editor there is a lot of wall items needed just to put in a shop. All of which that target the same shop tile. It would be nice if one object did the job, and you could edit/clone this one object if you wanted to change any of the images. (particularly the: shop front, window, next, previous, buy, sell, stock none, description; but even the shop, shop currency, and stock; could all be on the same tile and be in theory be the same object, a complex object though)
It's not a bug in the program, I've just gone and done something weird.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Making shops

Post by Ameena »

There is a "shop" in CSB, just below the DDD - there's a coin slot that accepts Gor coins next to an alcove that generates one of several possible items when you insert a coin in the slot.