draw a new monster

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
RAF68
Lo Master

draw a new monster

Post by RAF68 »

how from you made to draw a new monster for instance to take away a sword in the knight and has the place to put in him a buckler how to make this????
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Re: draw a new monster

Post by linflas »

RTC ne gère pas les "morceaux" de monstres : c'est les 4 positions du monstre (face, profil, dos et attaque) qu'il faut redessiner en partant de l'original avec un logiciel comme Photoshop ou Gimp.. C'est beaucoup de travail, je sais de quoi je parle !

RTC does not handle "pieces" of monsters : you must re-draw all 4 monster views (front, side, back and attack) with Gimp or Photoshop, starting from the original bitmaps. That's a lot of work, i know what i'm talking about !
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Two words - Copy / Paste

I take the various images of the knight and open it up a paint program.
I look for suitable image(s) of the buckler, you could probably use that one already in DM?

For each view of the knight forward,side,back,attack:
* Then I use a 'magic wand' or selection tool to make sure that I have exactly the buckler I need that fits over the view of the knight. Copy it.
* I may need to change the knight image to... Ughmmm true colour? RGB? The images are in a special format to save space.
* Perhaps we need to stretch the buckler or change the brightness to make it fit in with the knight image. We could also pixelate it.
* Paste it over the top of the image of the knight where it looks best. For the rear view of the knight, you may only see half a buckler.
* We have to remove the rest of the remaining sword. This is where it gets painful. Pixel by pixel I use my terrible artistic skills and paint over the top of the white sword with silver or black for example. Also don't forget the 'background' is what we call power pink.
* If you've changed the image in step two above change it back. Save!

One important point: People here have imagination and don't mind if the image is not perfect!
I only do this sort of thing if it really adds to the story in the dungeon you are making... Or is part of a clever trap / problem.
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

yes I would like to know or to find you basic pictures of his monsters with the pink bottom to want then to re-draw it with a program?????????
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Ah ha. I've never exported any RTC graphics, to get the knight for example. This thread describes how people do that.