recommend-a-game

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
T0Mi
Expert

recommend-a-game

Post by T0Mi »

Inspired by the "go to jail / the lonely island" question, I'd like to start this thread about more 'recent'
games you've played and thoroughly enjoyed. Loose rule: stick to one game and choose a favorite that isn't
known by everyone (like Crysis or COD).

Vampires Masquerade - Bloodlines

type
Looks and plays like a FPS, but tends heavily into the RPG realm, so there is lots of interacting with other
chars and a broad selection of races (or clans) for the player to choose from. Very different styles of play (hack 'n
slash, shooter, sneaker, or anything inbetween). The whole setting fits well into the 8ties, so it may feel
familar for DM-folks. ;-)

tech
Uses the halflife2 engine. Looks good even by today standards. Animations could be better, but runs smoothly
on low-end machines (like my 6 year old Laptop). You can freely choose first or third person view.

pro
Great and unusual story, quite non-linear. Really 'feeling' like a Vampire roaming the streets. Many choices
along the way. Can be creepy at places. Great dialoges and characters! Best I've seen so far.

cons
Still feels a bit unfinished and was -very- buggy on release. Available budget ware is most certain completly
patched. Compared to the large worlds some more recent games (like Fallout 3) offer, the world is small.

tip
Play as a Tremere if you want most out of the game in a arcade way. For great dialoge options play as a
Malcavian.

Difficulty
Quite a challange! Bioshock on difficulty hard is a breeze. There is no difficulty setting, so there are
1 or 2 places that are -very- hard to get through. (Again the Tremere comes in handy)

price
~5 bucks

playtime
20-25 hours. Can be a lot more if you explore a lot or try different ways of solving a quest.

best part
exploring a hounted house, shortly after the beginning.

replayability
As there are many different vampire races, there is a huge replay value. Wishing you could stay longer in
this world, this one of the few games you'll be sad, when it's over.

teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL90iPahGko

There also is it's prequal, which is a more dmish game (Party).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVBIycJjaE

Have fun!
T0Mi
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: recommend-a-game

Post by beowuuf »

My friend recommended it, I started playing it on my old comp, liked it, but it won't install on this one!