Old game-- Shadowkeep, any ideas?

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Old game-- Shadowkeep, any ideas?

Post by raixel »

Hey, so my success at getting a few old games I used to play has inspired me to look for Shadowkeep. If anyone remembers it, it was a graphical text based game for the apple II (there was a rare as hens teeth PC version, but ive NEVER seen it), also spawned a novel by Alan Dean Foster. I downloaded it from Home of the Underdogs years ago and ran it using an apple shell prog on an old comp. Problem is, HotU no longer has it for d/l. And the laptop its on is currently laying in pieces in my shop. I am looking for a copy of it that doesnt involve hours of putting a computer I have no use for together. (and I dont have an external housing that would fit the drive, my friend does but that would involve going over to his house and getting him to let me use it, which sorta defeats the whole 'giant project' aspect)

So if anyone knows where to get a copy of this game or happens to have a copy of it on their comp, i would be much obliged. I normally would think there would be such an astronomical chance I wouldnt bother asking, but hey, we are a collection of nuts about old games gamers, so...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Old game-- Shadowkeep, any ideas?

Post by beowuuf »

Was that in the same vein as Shadowgate?
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Nope, I found that one, but thats not it. This one was made by Trilliam software and is a graphical text adventure with 8bit color.
LotusBlaze
Neophyte

Post by LotusBlaze »

Hi, saw your post online and wanted you to know I too love that game and had to search many nights to find it finally. I have a copy and an emulator to run it if you are still interested. Email me lotusblaze@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you. This is the original Apple IIe version circa 1984.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

^ Nice of you to sign-up to give that information! Raixel has not been around for awhile as far as I know, so she might not see your message.

Anyway welcome to the forums (especially if you are a DM fan!).
muggsman
Neophyte

Post by muggsman »

I found it here http://www.virtualapple.org/shadowkeepdisk.html
Manual is here: http://www.textfiles.com/apple/DOCUMENT ... owkeep.txt

If anyone figures out what to do at the anvil or alter let me know!