Shadowrun Returns

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Shadowrun Returns

Post by Gambit37 »

I've never played the original Shadowrun, but this new crowd funded version sounds very intruiging!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161 ... un-returns

Anyone played the original, and have fond memories of it?
zoom
Grand Master

Re: Shadowrun Returns

Post by zoom »

yes I played it a bit back in school. ages ago! had been also quite a juvenile approach on gaming. But nevertheless shadowrun made FUN. Lately, I read on a german rpg discussion board about it, recall that this new version will go back to the "roots-" that is cyberdecks that are quite big to lug around and not that super fast either. Apparently the latest editions did go a bit over the top.Too much über ingame equipment and stuff always giving more and more .Self perpetuating spiral Quite interesting funding, too
Kenshiro
Apprentice

Post by Kenshiro »

The latest one was an arena shooter. Think Quake. Not really what Shadowrun should be. It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't great, either.

The Genesis and SNES versions were different, mainly action RPGs with more focus on story progression and stats as far as combat goes. Both good games but very different from each other.

There was also a Sega CD version that came out in Japan. I know very little about it.

My favorite is the SNES version. Awesome game with great atmosphere, I actually replayed it about a year ago. I remember the first time I ever played it was about teny ears ago and I hadn't heard of it before. The setting drew me in immediately.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

oh I misread the question ,by original I was made thinking about the pen&paper version. I've not played any computer version. They weren't successful or published on SNES, which I did not have. anyway, shadowrun has huge potentials or like the funding shows a tremendous fanbase. Just imagine shadowrun with state of the art graphics