[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Saumun »

Back in... Thanks guys!
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

To The Master
Spoiler
I was close to entering the hive
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Saumun wrote:Back in... Thanks guys!
Welcome back Saumun.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

terkio wrote:To The Master
Spoiler
I was close to entering the hive
Yeh I think I know where you are. The hive doors are there just after the first level but you cannot open them. Think you need a few more runes before you can enter them.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You'll find doors to The Hive at the very end of each section. It is the central portion of the map, where all the other sections meet. You need the full set of runes to get in.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Saumun
Spoiler
did you get my email about getting from the garden to the fake walls area as I know you said you had changed your email. Or you can put it up here. Just need general directions.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master...

I fell asleep, so didn't see it last night.
I have just replied. I'm afraid i don't check my emails with any sort of regularity, so here might be best.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

the master wrote:CS
Spoiler
the two pits are near the purple doors. Instead of going left to the golems you go right. Have you done the golem area and got rid of all the golems? I think Saumun said that one of the purple keys was at the other end of the long corridor. I can remember a lot of things but getting the exact location of keys without the advantage of a map is difficult. I know I missed one big area off the place by the fireplace. As Saumun says we may not be on the same game scenario but from what your describing it looks as if we might be.
Hopefully when I get a chance to play today and can find it.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS... I've lost track of where you're up to.
If you describe roughly where you are/what you see, which runes you have, which keys, etc... I'll give you some pointers.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

the master wrote:CS
Spoiler
Beyond the part with all the Golems there is a room with 2 pits. You need to drop down into the pits. When down there press the grey switch which puts up a teleport to get you up again. Now walk round the room in an anti clockwise direction and you should find a lever in the middle. Pull this lever. This opens up a wall in the room where you need the 2 purple keys to open it. I missed this until Saumun pointed it out to me. There is a rune in this area. It also takes you through to the area where the rune board is. Have you got the rune from the area with the black ghosts in?
You need 6 runes to progress to next area.
I think this is what I need to do, I don't remember the level. I wish I hadn't have replayed it because it can change up and screw with your memory of what's done and not done, just different.

Is it true if pressure pads make no click that the puzzle is solved? There is a spot like this that the pads still click.
Is it true if levers stop working the puzzle is done?
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

CS. There are a couple of pressure plates that click after you have stepped on them. But I think that the majority of them stop clicking when the player has done what is necessary I.e stepping into a wall opening that the plates have opened. As regards to levers and buttons I can't remember any that could be activated more than once so when it's pushed or pulled that's it. I think that there were a couple of pressure plates on the level I'm on at the moment. One released knives from slots and the other open a wall that opened and closed to let you through.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It's good to know that, a relief.

I tried earlier today, got killed, got nowhere. I know there is a place where the pressure plates still click, I think there is 4 of them in a rectangle. I went down where the two pits and two purple doors were, the switch was already pulled. I killed some golems and I only have a dungeon key. I'm going to give it another go right now.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Found one purple key at the puzzle walk backwards, now where is the other one hiding, did using one key open a passage to find the other. This dungeon confuses me in places, like a switch showing up where there was none before, can't rely on even mapping. It's like you have to run around and back all over double even triple checking everything, and for me it's like 5 times. My food is almost depleted and it seems it will run out soon if none is found. Got to find that other purple key soon.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@CS...
Spoiler
If you got the key from the long corridor with lightning bolts (after the wall that you back into), then the other is just north of that in an area with golems. Head back to the two pits, then east and you'll be there.
As far as things changing when you replay... It depends where you replay from. If you start the whole dungeon again then you could get different scenarios. If you've only replayed the section you're in from an old save, then nothing changes. All 50/50 decisions are made at the start, or in the very first part of the first level.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Done for the day, but I got the key where it says
Spoiler
run backwards, the door opens, but the other near the bolts I don't think so
, you say just north of the main area, please describe it for me a little more.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS...
Spoiler
There is a wall text that says 'back up quick'. Is this the one you mean? You back up and enter an opening wall, then go to another which takes you to a room with two golems.
This IS the one with lightning bolts. It opens a door to a long corridor shooting lightning, and you have to cast mirror spells to get to the key.
It must be this one that you have because the place you get the other from has nothing about running backwards.
Spoiler
If this is the key you have, then the other is directly north of where you got it. I can't really direct because i don't know where you are right now.
If you're around the place where you got the key, then you have to head back to the door that the two purple keys open. North past the two pits, then directly east.
This key is in a 50/50. In both scenarios you get golems... but in one, you have to find two keys of b (a golem has one and the other is on the floor), then get two keys of e from knights that gets you into a room with a demon. The key is in there.
If you got the other scenario, then there are pressure pads appearing and disappearing. Take it slow and check your magic map. After hitting the four pads, find a lever and pull it, then go to the centre of the area. A lot of wasps and some wizard eyes will come out of the central room. The key is in there.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Saumun,

I started your game 2 weeks ago and I found it really good. When I look the map I done so far, your maze are incredably... incradible. I mean very amazing. But when you hit your head everywhere, our small reserve of food quickly runs out. My champions are starving like HELL and they fight with eachother when they find a little.
Spoiler
So right now I am stuck mid way in the blue monster section between the chest and the Y passage. I found only one iron key in this section and obviously I need 2 to open both passages. I went down into the pit where the 2 passages met but did not find any other key.
Did I miss a fake wall somewhere I did not see on the magic map?

Clodius
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hi Clodius...

Could you give me more detail? The map overall is so big, and this being your first post regarding the dungeon i'm not quite sure where you are.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

If you look in Skeleton area where you need to activate 4 floor plates to find the fift one, I am just on the right of this location, in blue monster area
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Could you tell me which runes you are currently carrying? That might help me pinpoint roughly where you are.
I'm really struggling to know where you mean, because i've no idea how far you've come. Over the whole map there are lots of skeletons, lots of pads, lots of chests, etc. Which blue monsters do you mean? The ones with ant heads?

EDIT: Sorry... Didn't see your pm Clodius. I've just replied.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Your last respond tells me that I am far far away from the end. Dawm you're evil :lol:

I was just referring the 4 floor pads at the beginning were some other players have mentioned before.
Spoiler
The only rune I found is DAIN tile
I like the name Underverse, so genius. The music is a good choice too. It captivates us into the game. It's still playing in my head at work.

Thanks for your fantastic game.

Clodius
Spoiler
Try me!
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

May I recommend, using extensively the magic map.
It is a great help, do try all its features, know the spells to activate its capabilities, it is a poweful device that can grab a lot of informations.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Very true... and it can be a big time saver in parts of this dungeon, particularly with intermittent hazes or pits that may not be there when you first look.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

How many spells can you actually use on the magic map. I know the one that shows false walls but are there any more?
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

4 spells, that enable an icon at each corner of the map.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

New link on first post to v1.5... Gap in a wall that should not have been there, now fixed. Causes no problem to the game, so earlier versions are fine.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

terkio wrote:4 spells, that enable an icon at each corner of the map.
Can you quote the exact spells Terkio and what they do please.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Finally got somewhere, and some food at last...
Spoiler
If you got the other scenario, then there are pressure pads appearing and disappearing. Take it slow and check your magic map. After hitting the four pads, find a lever and pull it, then go to the centre of the area. A lot of wasps and some wizard eyes will come out of the central room. The key is in there.
It was the
Spoiler
flashing pad damn it! , :roll: :lol:
Should check the map more and move slower, damn it.

I'm currently in an area just off the giant
Spoiler
square hallway, walk through a black door and then it shut behind me, killing ghosts and found a couple of gem. There are blue hazes, hope I get out of thee soon it's costing me too much food I fear I may die in there.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

CS.
Spoiler
wait until the ghosts are in the hazes then zap em
Spoiler
At the end of this bit you will get more food than you bargain for believe me
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS...
Spoiler
Don't be too quick to kill the ghosts. Let them follow you, and see what happens. There is plenty of meat in this section.
EDIT: Oops... must have written that at virtually the same time as The Master.