Games I'm currently playing

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Games I'm currently playing

Post by oh_brother »

I have had a bit of a chance in the last week to get through some games that have been sitting on my hardrive for a while.

Tonight, I just finished Pillars of Eternity. Funny, finishing games now is both easier and harder than it was when I was a kid. Easier due to some combination of me being better or games being easier, coupled with the availability of some much information on the internet: no more banging your head against a brick wall for (literally) months when you get stuck. Then again harder because finding the time is so much more challenging!

Anyway, it is a really good game. Basically an updated Baldur's Gate, for all those old timers who enjoy stories and aren't afraid of walls of text (you can probably tell straight away if you'll enjoy based on your thoughts on Baldur's Gate). The fact that I spent 90+ hours on it (admittedly over the course of more than a year) puts it well above anything else I have played recently. I found myself faced with some tough choices, some of which I later came to rue, and teh themes were subtle at the start but came to a head in the final two chapters.

Next up, either back to tidy up Skyrim's DLC or finish Divinity Original Sin.

Anyone else still have the chance to play games? Or is it just me who manages to evade my grown-up responsibilities from time to time?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Games I'm currently playing

Post by Gambit37 »

I've not played anything for a few months. Lots of other things going on and it's hard to make time. I'm trying to create more than I consume these days.

That said, the last 'game' I finished was Everybody's gone to the Rapture, and I reviewed it here:

http://matthill.co/reviews/everybodys-g ... he-rapture
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I absolutely still play games - every day, as it happens, in some form or other :D.
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I like the look of the Rapture. I played The Walking Dead (I think it was after you recommended it here, Gambit) and really liked it. This looks to have even less game mechanics, but a do enjoy a good story.

Lucky you Ameena :D
Randolph Lefevre
Neophyte

Post by Randolph Lefevre »

Recently I played Dark Souls 3, it brought together all the knowledge and experience that I accumulated since Demon's Souls and the recent Bloodborne. It tests my strength and patience as hell! Combat system is really quick.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Finished HMM V again last month. Never gets old.
keep your gor coin handy