Randomness of CSB

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Big-J-Q
Adept

Randomness of CSB

Post by Big-J-Q »

I hear that in CSB some object in the dungeon are randomized (sometimes you won't find a specific object whereas some other guy will).

Is this feature going to implemented in RTCSB? I imagine it wouldn't be hard. (An object with no graphics, and when entering dungeon, it browses through a list and randomly picks an object from it, and then transforms into the chosen object)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Randomness of CSB - spoilers?

Post by beowuuf »

There is no new code in CSB for randomness, just lots of neat tricks! Chek out a game file in DMute too see them if you want...

Gigglers in a seperate pit room are running around with the objects...when the game starts the pits open, and the gigglers fall down into the teleporters below. Each level they are teleported too doesn't allow gigglers so they instantly die, dropping the objects!

It's the same with the random path at the junction of ways - there are telelporters, and depending on how fast you go dpeneds on where you end up.

Even the power towers placement in the dragon's den is controlled by an object shooter firing to one of three pads.

Actually, RTC will have a problem with the dying giggler part! Eh, there are ways round it though...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Big-J-Q
Adept

Giggler-Trick

Post by Big-J-Q »

Hmm. Exactly WHEN are the gigglers falling? I would imagine that they're staying very much put before the start of the game. Or am I missing something..?

I would love to examine the CSB-dungeon very carefully, but I don't want to be too spoiled about it, because I've never played it before (much further than the beginning).

It would seem that CSB is a very diabolical game! :wink: