[Custom Dungeon] [Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep] Feedback

This is an archive of the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia forum
Sundeep Nandra

[Custom Dungeon] [Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep] Feedback

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

I've done the "outside" areas totally, entered Skullkeep and gotten past the fireballs which are activated by the eyes and well....this is great! I will quickly add, though, that I couldn't actually get any of the items in the room with two teleporters in the dungeon past the heap of screamers which, in DM2, is the area with the trees in it past the graveyard. Is it the room where, in DM2, you have to put an item on a trading table and a shopkeeper materialises, puts a key on the table (required to enter Skullkeep) and takes the coin before disappearing. I had to use DMute to look at it and couldn't find a way to get the items so had to change the activation of one of the invisible pressure pads to "Monster Only" to allow me to get the items. Also, as I worked out where the bottom level is (it isn't obvious as you are teleported all over the place and never really know what level you're on - which is a good thing), I trained my characters there....and with Daroou as an Adept Fighter, Artisan Ninja, Artisan Priest and Adept Wizard, he has over 390 hit points...but I'm not complaining ;). I needed that anyway, to clear out the area of Chaos Knights...there were about 20 at one time due to me stepping on the generator switch repeatedly and I had some scary moments traversing the area in order to get to the second set of shops. I've found nothing else of note so far..I'm just impressed with this. Well done.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Re: [Custom Dungeon] [Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep] Fe

Post by Paul Stevens »

I just started playing your game. Very clever! And no doubt
an extremely massive and tedious effort on your part. Especially
with the rather primitive tools at your disposal.

It looks like it will be fun. Thanks.

PAul
prsteven@facstaff.wisc.edu
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

Trust me, it will be :).
zyx

Post by zyx »

True, I was impressed by the amount of work put into it. Toni, if you're interested, I could help you to arrange the graphics to fit much better the DM2 ones. Contact me at
bprieu@yahoo.com
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

I forgot to say, I finished it. Excellently done all the way through with the only, small, exception being that room I discussed in my initial post where a teleporter, activated by invisible pressure pads, keeps moving the items and I couldn't get the items (which are required) without using DMute to change the specifics of one of the pads. Still though....brilliant.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

You can get these items. I don't remember how I did it, only that I could.
Toni Ylisirniö

Post by Toni Ylisirniö »

Greetings all. Now's the first time I got to these forums again.

I'm glad you enjoyed my little DM2 recreation, it was lot's of fun to do :)
As for the room you've been having problems with, there is a solution...

Once you figure it out, you'll whack your head ;-)

As for Zyx, if you're still interested, then by all means! I'm keen too :)

Hints (from memory). DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!
Nothing else is below this line on this post.

1. It has something to do with triggering certain pressure pads...

2. It has something to do with the fact that items will trigger the pads also...

WARNING! SOLUTION!
3. Solution: Stand besides one item square and put any item on a pressure pad diagonal to the item square. The items will be teleported to the item square besides you.
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

*smacks myself in the head*
szpaq

Post by szpaq »

i'have a problem i lost my DM2 game !!!!!!please help me!!!!

my mail szpak@poczta.fm

PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Hmm... what are you talking about? Being in this forum, I would assume you mean you lost a copy of this dmute dungeon in which case you can download it and start over. If you are referring to the actual game Dungeon Master 2, then I suggest you provide a little bit more information on what kind of help you would like in the proper forum. With the little information you have provided, all I can suggest now is that you check under your bed and in your closet.

On the other hand, if you want to download a copy, you should be able to do so at this site. Just look around and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. If not, then like I mentioned above, provide more information in the proper (Dungeon Master II The Legend of Skullkeep) forum.