items good or bad

This is an archive of the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia forum
octocon

items good or bad

Post by octocon »

I know in the DM items list there are some items that clearly can improve certain stats for the bearer, I'm a Noob so to speak and as i played the first few levels on DM i've been picking up clothing etc and apart from them looking good what effects do they have on the person wearing them?

silly question maybe, forgive me if i'm stupid then... an answer is welcomed.
:D
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Re: items good or bad

Post by PaulH »

Have a look on this site for item lists which show their benefits such as mana bonuses or increases in secondary stats. As you are 'new' you may not want to do this as it might give a few things away such as items you haven't found. So, in true DM fashion, go and explore and note the changes yourself... this is the way it was meant to be played!!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: items good or bad

Post by beowuuf »

Basically - heavier armour good, and weapons that need fighter levels to gain their attacks good
Don't dump lower weapons until you can fully use better ones though - as the best option on a lower weapon like a sword is generally better than the lower options on a weapon liek a sabre
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!