RTC CSB: Vexing Vexirk in NETA

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Big-J-Q
Adept

RTC CSB: Vexing Vexirk in NETA

Post by Big-J-Q »

How do I corner this particular wizard? Everytime I seem to have cornered it, it teleports away and comes after me. <p></p>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Vexing Vexirk in NETA

Post by beowuuf »

Avoid the teleporter hot spots! : ) It's not an inherent vexirk property, it's a dungeon property.
If he is teleportting in the two 'cornering' positions, then this is a bug due to monsters not dying when moved off level
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Big-J-Q
Adept

Re: Vex Vex in N

Post by Big-J-Q »

Hmm. I watched a movie in CSB4WIN. The vexirk was chased down the corridor which leads to the VI altar. This can't be (at least I can't) accomplished in RTC.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Vex Vex in N

Post by beowuuf »

ok, there is a closed teleporter on the VI altar route - if you trap the vexirk here, a second takes it's place (supposed to be the same one that's 'bribed' you to let it go) and you can then only trap the second one at the other part (through the closed door, now you have a key to get through)

So what could be happening in RTC is that this teleporter is open...will investigate more another time

Alternatively, you might just be hitting bad luck - there is also a teleport round the corner from the VI altar...so if you take that route to trap the guy, he'll be teleported away
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!