CSB random treasure

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

CSB random treasure

Post by Lunever »

Can anyone explain in detail how the random treasure in CSB works. In detail here means more detail than just "Well, there are some gigglers running around through some teleporters and thus the treasure is spread through the dungeon." What I'd like to know are the places where that random treasure can possibly appear. <p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: CSB random treasure

Post by Ameena »

If you mean stuff like the Ra or Dragon Armour, or some of the cool weps like Sidesplitter, according to the hint book I have (which I printed off from the encyclopaedia), it says they'r randomly shuffled and scattered throughout the dungeon whenever a new game is started, and they show up as a * on the map key. However, I dunno whether the mistake is with George or whoever wrote the book, but at several points (usually behind a Gold Key door which opens into a small dead end) according to the map there is a * treasure there, but in the actual game there's nothing but empty floor :(
However, I do know a few points where there is definitely a random treasure (having compared my game to my dad's...he's Rizmage on the high scores board thingy, but technically he didn't finish the game since not only did I kill the Dragon for him but I did Lord Chaos as well... :roll: ), and they are as follows - at Supplies for the Quick, in the alcove directly out in front of the entrance from the back of the Worm room (meaning the start room) - I got Sidesplitter but Dad got nothing (ha-ha!).
Then at the pillar directly below the Corbum Pillar there's a random treasure on each side (each of which is only accessible by each of the Ways, as is the corbum above it, of course). I got the last of the Ra armour and some of the Dragon armour here.
According to the book, the Lockpicks are a random item, but we both got them off a Thief in the Dragon's lair on level 1 (that is, the bottom level...the lair is part of Ku in case you didn't know).
The Skeleton Key is also random. We both got it off a Thief, but I was running around (or shuold that be away...?) on level 10 and zapped one of the buggers into handing it over, whereas my dad got it considerably earlier...can't remember where though :roll:
Well anyway, there's all the random items I can think of for now...I suppose you just get lucky which ones you find where...I mean, I suppose I was lucky to get such a cool sword s early in the game (muahahahahaa) :)
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Well, thanx for trying, but I know all of this. But there no such thing as any random treasure code in the engine, it is all done via the dungeon, starting from a certain setup with treasure-possessing gigglers.
What I do mean is whether anyone is able to explain in detail, step by step what is happening with the gigglers east-southeast of Enc, Lvl 7 (JoW), what teleporters they go through to what destinations, whether they will trigger anything else in the dungeon, whether they will continue running around somewhere or get killed somewhere and by what way they or their items will finally end up where.

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
kaosthafeared
Apprentice

Post by kaosthafeared »

Lunever wrote:<br><br> <p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Come to the multicolored side of power! ??? Is that the translation?
If it moves, KILL IT!!
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Yes it is. Exactly, actually. Now please don't ask me what it means... ;)

Regards, PitD
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

KTF: The quota from StarWars would be in German "Komm zur dunklen Seite der Macht" (join the Dark Side of the Force, or whatever it was originally, I don't remember, although I've seen it in English). "Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht" sounds similar, but means "Join the multicolored side of the Force", but of course, multi-colored is a much longer and different word than dark, so that signature just wouldn't sound in English.

PitD: What it means? Well, I thought this would be rather obvious. The world isn't just dark and light and grey shades in between. Never forget, that life has manifold forms and colors.
Or to quote from the Sandman-spin-off series "Lucifer": "Those who would have you see the infinite as a coin with but two faces are not your friends".
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Star Wars and "multi-colored" just don't seem to go together, besides I'm no fan of the movies. But I guess it was obvious enough, you're right. And thanks for the Lucifer quote...

Regards, PitD