Spell descriptions and FUL bombs

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Spell descriptions and FUL bombs

Post by beowuuf »

I was reading my old DM manual today, and noted these two entry bits in the spell descriptions...

FUL: ...further symbols can bottle this power... GOR: ..recent usage has broadened the power of GOR to the creation of dangerous potions...

It sounds like FUL GOR (xxx) should have created a FUL bomb, and for whatever reason was never included/taken out of the game after the manual was written.
+dmman

Re: Spell descriptions and FUL bombs

Post by +dmman »

well some dm\2\csb have the ability to make thoser full bombs.. i forget what symbols tohu.
+Lord Balthus

Post by +Lord Balthus »

Perhaps they were removed from the game because they would make the game alot easier. Just imagine creating Ful Bombs all the time, Think how fast you could finish the game with a basically unlimited supply of those. It does sound like fun though.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Re: Re: Spell descriptions and FUL bombs

Post by beowuuf »

Well you would only have 19 in DM, and they wouldn't be greatly effective against lots of higher monsters, but I do think the game balance would be an issue. It's a shame, as I know I spent AGES (like alot of people) trying out every gor combo of spells, and also trying to create a ful bomb...ah well...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Re: Spell descriptions and FUL bombs

Post by cowsmanaut »

Actually, it would not be unlimited.
For the same reason the Ven potions were un-popular. They destroy the flask. There is limited numbers of these as you all well know.
So it wouldn't really unbalance the game at all.
+Lord Balthus

Re: Re: Spell descriptions and FUL bombs

Post by +Lord Balthus »

19? Is that how many empty flasks there are? Or is it potions combined with empty flasks? There is a spell for Gor. Damned If I can't remember it. Had something to do with monster confusion. CSB only,I think. Unfortunately I've only play CSB once, All the emulators I've tried seem buggy.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Re: Re: Spell descriptions and FUL bombs

Post by Gambit37 »

GOR is not used anywhere in a DM spell, but it IS used in CSB and possibly DM2 (but I will have to check that)
In CSB it's used in 3 map spells.
Zyx
DSA Master

FUL bombs

Post by Zyx »

There is a spell to make a ful bomb in CSB from a ven potion. Can't remember it !
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Really???!!!! I've never heard of that before - are you sure? You've got me thinking now; I hope this isn't an early April Fool! I thought I knew pretty much everything about DM but that's anew one on me!
Zyx
DSA Master

Re: Re: FUL bombs

Post by Zyx »

I don't like to create fake illusions (but are there true illusions anyway?), but I think it´s true. I don't have CSB now to try out, so I can't help any further for now. Sorry.