Anyone play the FM Towns version of DM?

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+zokathra

Anyone play the FM Towns version of DM?

Post by +zokathra »

Has anyone ever played or seen this version of DM. I just remember reading about it in an article on FTL in, I think, ACE (remember that magazine, long time ago). There was a chat with wayne et al and stuff about chaos and the FM Towns version (of DM) with amazing sound, with a pic of the machine. Oh and there was a compo to win it as well. Ring any bells anyone? Just wondering...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, I remember the article that you're talking about - I even remember entering the competition, though I can't remember what you had to do to win.
I've never played the game on the actual machine - it was Japanese only hardware. But you can download the game to play using an emulator - the x68000 version is the FM-TOWNs version. The download doesn't have the background music though - that was spooled from CD on the orginal game. I found it too slow to play on my PC though - very jerky.
+zokathra

Post by +zokathra »

Nah, I can't remember what you had to do for the competition either. Be interesting to hear the music they composed for DM. Anyone have it, or indeed any music from the DM games? Were the sounds of the dungeon any better on the version you played??
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The sound effects were the same on the emulated version - though they were too slow on my computer (I have an old machine) and sounded lower pitch.
There's music on the console versions of DM, but no other's as far as I know.
Daniel Gustafsson
Apprentice

Post by Daniel Gustafsson »

Where can I download the game?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Get it here!

Post by Gambit37 »

You could try this URL. It was here the last time I looked:
Dungeon Master for FM-TOWNS (http://asalyc.free.fr/dungeon/)