Making copies of items in a game

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Charlie

Making copies of items in a game

Post by +Charlie »

Hi, I saw in here at one time that there was suppose to be a way to make copies if items. Is it true??? and if so --> How do you do it????
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I heard that there was something to do with flux Cage and a pit.. I'm not sure of the details but I think pause was involved to..
This could have been a rumor or it could have been a bug present in one of the versions.. (Shrug)
Either way.. a good way to do it is to edit your save game.. :) Use DMUTE and it will all become clear..
Cheers
+Sharp

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?????????

Post by +Sharp »

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, FLUXCAGE???? PIT????? IS TERE A WAY TO DO THIS?????? Can someone give detailed instructions????
+Sean

Post by +Sean »

Check out:
http://www.cheatersguild.com/dmaster.htm
I have not tried it myself.
+Charlie

Post by +Charlie »

I tried several times, no good. Has anyone been able to do this????
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I haven't tried this recently as I don't have a save game at that point, but I remember distinctly that this definitely worked on the original Amiga version. What's more, after creating several duplicate firestaffs and equipping my entire team with Armour of Darc, I found pink rats on level four, and I also found a permamnent floating Des Ew spell in the rat respawn room on level 9, so clearly the game was quite upset by this point.... fun times indeed!