v2.2 dying problem

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Thomas Korte

v2.2 dying problem

Post by +Thomas Korte »

I have this problem:
Whenever I kill all my characters, the game hangs, sometimes even when a fireball explodes against the wall. Am I carrying too many objects around???
How do the other versions differ from 2.2 (I am playing an an A2000/kick 1.3)
When I try using kick 3.1, the game hangs when the title screen (DUNGEON Master) is reached. Why??
Thanks for any help.
TK
+Halk Wonderbarbarian

Post by +Halk Wonderbarbarian »

I dont know. when i first played DM it was on a kick1.3 a2000 and it worked fine- maybe it is the version of the game that is causig the problems. try getting a different version?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

What you are describing is something that happens usually when someone is running a *COPY* of DM. Whether for back up purposes or whatever.
If the version you are running is the orriginal then I would have to say try keeping with Kickstart 1.3 (3.1 is to much for this little game to handle) and then start your computer and press CTRL-D to interupt the startup of Workbench. run nofastmem and then insert the DM disk and type Dungeonmaster (I think I haven't checked the disk lately for the executable's name). if that doesn't work play around in your pre startup settings. (Holding down both mouse buttons before boot) and see what happens.
Other wise, if it's a copy or crack.. it probably has out lived its days. The same thing happened to my friend.
+Thomas Korte

Post by +Thomas Korte »

Thankyou, no it was not a crack, I´m using the original disk.
BTW, I couldn´t seem to use multiple save disks which was quite annoying. Any comments??
+dmman

Post by +dmman »

Just try version 3.6. it works on ALL versions of kickstart, including AGA machines.
lader ;-)
+Thomas Korte

Post by +Thomas Korte »

Yeah, thanks but where do I buy the latest version of a ten-year-old game???
TK
+dmman

Post by +dmman »

maybe u can buy it second hand somewhere? or maybe just d/l it here in a .adf format then run it thru the emulator. u can convert it back 2 Amiga disks with adf2disk proggy.
lader :-)