ooo ooo ooo! Hey YOU .. Yeah YOU!

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

ooo ooo ooo! Hey YOU .. Yeah YOU!

Post by cowsmanaut »

Hey there guys (and gals if there are any who read this)

The short list of Gambit, ZYX, Beowuuf, and Kyzra. Could you guys create a picture each related to DM or fantasy? PLEEEEASE!!! You all being the bravest of the bunch (at least 15 people have voted at one point (only 10-12 now but..)so there is at least 15 of you out there) I figured you may have the humour in yourself (If you can't draw too well)or at least the inclination (if feeling inspired) to make something up.

It can be any kind of image so long as it's not containing explicit sexual or vulgar imagery. I don't need to be putting up warnings all over the place. It can be people, places, or things.. some ideas could even be what do you think the movie poster would look like if it were a movie.. or a box cover idea for RTC or DMJava.. etc etc.. anything you like.

PLEASE PLEASE help! If you you do it others might try as well..

I already have one I'll be putting in that a friend did. so if you all do to it will be 5 in total..
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

I'd love to...

Post by Gambit37 »

I'd love to give this a go - but I just simply don't have the free time. It's pretty hard already finding the time to work on my website as well as have a real-life.

However, I was intending to do a few wallpapers for my website at some point in the future, for people to download. Perhaps once I have one of those made, I'll send it to you first so you can put it on this site.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

sounds good to me.. anyone else?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Hey, what kinda shakedown is this! : )

Post by beowuuf »

I do bios, I do my part, not art, no no no no noooooo

I'll send you the first priest/monk I tried for RTC, and a recoloured Lord Chaos to let you see my skills

As long as you promise to have 'by Michael, age 5' under them : )
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I like that.. hahahaha!

seriously though.. It's not about ability but desire to just do something. People sometimes get inspired by the most basic of images. I've seen some great potential in some really novice artwork. I've been drawing for 11 years and I don't expect anyone who doesn't take it too seriously to be a real Da Vinci.

You have to practice on a daily basis to get better and not everyone has the strong passion to keep with that they have other greater interests but do like to try to get a visual representation of something they can't quite describe in words.

A good example is Tolkein. Much of his art is very simplistic and obviously novice. However he has mannaged to convey the places he has written about with even greater acuracy through these little illustrations. Writing was his passion so he was better at that part of it.

see what I mean?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Hmmmm, I wouldn't like you to loose hope in humanity because of my drawings. No, no I can't draw. I can't write a story in english either.

And if I try to it, I would do it in french or spanish for Paper & pen RPG anyway.

However, I can send you some pictures for PPRPG done by my girlfriend, if you're interested...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

so long as it's fantasy related.. and her own work. Oh and she says that you can.. don't want her getting mad at you..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

don't believe zyx!

Post by beowuuf »

He can do stories just as well in english!

I send bios and pictures to your other mail account...bad pictures...bad bios...: )
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

got 'em..

Post by cowsmanaut »

I'll put this stuff together as soon as I can.. Just when you think you have time.. BAM!

Anyway, thanks for them both should be interesting to figure out how to lay this whole thing outso as to make best use of the fan art. It would be better to have had something a bit larger.. however this is good enough.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

sorry 'bout the size

Post by beowuuf »

Did you ever hear about that new job? I keep meaning to ask...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Well, I'm still waiting on that one. I have no idea as to what is going to happen. It's not looking good as the college has told him they can't afford it this year. they are looking into it again since he wasn't willing to give up that quickly and more or less threatened to not provide the summer course if he didn't have help. The summer course brings in some major cash too so they are trying their best this time around to find something.