Some new stuff coming

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Some new stuff coming

Post by cowsmanaut »

well I've decided to add a few things to the site and I haven't done this yet but I thought I'd lay it out for people to see if there was any input.

I'm going to add in a DMJava section. This in response to Alandale looking for a place to put his new patch. So in a day or so (depending on Alandale really) there will be a new patch out..

On top of this, since I've been using this webpage as something to show prospective employers I thought I would add in a bio of me as well so if anyone was ever interested in just who the heck this weirdo is behind the pictures it'll be there.. maybe even a picture of me.. hmmm woooooo!

so anyway, that's what's comming up. I was also thinking about doing a flash animation of the intro to CSB.. does anyone have the ability to convert the .IFF sound samples off the disk to wav format? Anyone have any ideas surrounding this concept?

well that's it for now.. cheers
+Kyzra

Post by +Kyzra »

Nooooooo!

Anything but a picture!

Good luck on the interview
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

somebody having problems using the forum?

I got really excited to when I saw a whole 3 replies.. heh..

oh well..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Aha, so that's why I couldn't get the newest patch.
Yeah the section ideas sound cool
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

so I suppose no one has the orriginal CSB disks eh? You see I managed by playing a few of the files off the disk in raw format to get the 4 samples for the music to the intro..

I'm not sure if the same intro is on the atari one and if the samples are saved in the same manner.. but I kinda need the music if I plan on doing the animation.
+AjM

Post by +AjM »

>does anyone have the ability to convert the
>.IFF sound samples off the disk to wav format?

GoldWave can convert IFF -> WAV.

Author: Chris Craig
http://web.cs.mun.ca/~chris3/
http://www.goldwave.com

AjM
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I still need the samples. I'm actually not sure if they can be pulled as IFF.. you may need to run them as raw first and then save as IFF then transfer them on disk to a PC then convert to wav..

As for the person haveing the problems with the forum.. email me at Cowsmanaut@collegeclub.com and let me know what the problem is. perhaps I can help you.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi Drake - I replied on the RTC forum about this, but then I came here and saw your original message, so you can disregard the RTC one.

I have the file which I converted ages ago - I cropped out all the bits and saved a loopable version using Sound Forge. I even created a 'fake' stereo version.

Let me know which one you want. I'll compress it down to MP3 or it'll take me ages to send it to you (the mono version as a WAV is 3MB, stereo 6MB!) MP3s will be a lot smaller....
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I sent you an email with the response.. I'm not sure how often you read you email though.. :/