GAH!!!! more server problems.

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

the forums have been sitting on unstable soil a while now.. how do you feel about that?

huh? I haven't noticed..
29%
yeah! No kdding and it's been pissing me off!!
21%
hey, these things happen.. it doesn't really bother me.
50%
if it keeps going on I think I'm just going to stop comming.
No votes
DAMN THE MAN! Change servers!!
No votes

Total votes: 14

cowsmanaut
Moo Master

GAH!!!! more server problems.

Post by cowsmanaut »

Here's hoping this is the last of them.. they upgraded the software on the system including PHP. What this meant for all the boards under the various servers was that many PHP based programs , like our forums, stopped working. It seems they resolved our fairly quickly after a quick gripe session so providing there are no other bugs in the system it should be stable a while.

let's keep our fingers crossed.
moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

someone really hates McHosts.. the people providing the space for my website. It would seem this person or persons are still hammering the server trying to crack it to peices. So what have they done? They have started to shut down services one by one tryign ti find where the issues lay and all that.. so what does this mean to us? Possibly more problems with the site going down or even certain functions being disabled.. etc etc etc.

If I had a gun and I know who it was I'd shoot him in both feet just to see how he really liked pointless agressiveness. People like that have little real purpose in life. I don't much care if mchosts did something that peeved them.. you don't go screwing thousands of other people just to "get back at them"... anyway, I notice at least 2 other people are as pissed as I am. yet no one wants to move yet... so It's not so bad I guess.

wait and watch then.. it's all I can do.

moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*Raises hand( i'm one of those, and for pretty much the same reasons...it's not happening so much yet that it's worth the move, but when it happens it is annoying
guessing, and now know someone was hammering the network is what actually pushes me into the edge to pissed off!

Viruses, site attackers, spammers...kill thme all!
Being on broadband now i keep seeing blocked attacks on my firewall, why can't these people get lives and piss off?