DM2 Queries at Interplay

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
andyboy_uk
On Master

DM2 Queries at Interplay

Post by andyboy_uk »

Bah. They are ignoring me over there. And I dont want to bump. Anyone else want to support the cause :)

http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... 343#525343
Regards,

Andy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Good that you made the effort to post, but regretfully I think it's a futile cause. I'd be very interested to see if they do respond.

Interplay don't own any of the intellectual copyrights on the original DM trademarks: that's still owned by FTL. Not sure what -- if anything -- they actually own. I'll see if I can find out.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I cant seem to find an FTL site of any description, have they dispanded? I tried to get through to Wayne Holder's site but to no avail (2nu.com) it appears to be down.

I would be very interested to see if there may be any sort of third installment or any other information.

Do any of the original authors post on or know about this forum?
Regards,

Andy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, FTL closed down a few years ago. They had ftlgames.com but that disappeared a long time ago. I think 2nu.com wasn't renewed and only disappeared recently.

I think there was some desire to make a third installment but that went out the window after the poor reception to DM2. Although FTL were clearly very talented, I'm of the opinion that they simply took too long to get things done, and spent too much time porting to every platform under the sun instead of developing new and exciting games.

Doug Bell, Andy Jaros and Don Jordan were posting on the Encyclopedia forums about a year and a half ago. Not sure if they know that most stuff moved here, but I can let them know.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Maybe when they see the fanbase here we can coax them to get back together to whoops some more of Lord Chaos' fat ass another time :)
Regards,

Andy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It would be cool to see a 'proper' FTL made DM3 but sadly it'll never happen. Andy Jaros works at Sony Games now (as do a couple of the others). Not sure if Doug Bell works for himself or another company. Wayne Holder gave up on games programming a long time ago; I think he's in his late fifties now. The others have all gone on to bigger and (mostly) better things....
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Does that mean they would consider releasing teh source code :twisted:
Regards,

Andy
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Well Gambit, for what it's worth here's my opinion: maybe trying to let them know that there's a "new" forum might indeed have it's benefits... or in the least interest them. And about the late fifties.... Paul Stevens does not strike me as inactive or uninterested in programming or the DM series ... so who knows ? :wink:

Regards, PitD
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I say its worth letting them know, even if we can boost their ego's a bit. I would love to say thanks for many a happy hour gaming on behalf of myself and most of the people in the house who used to love playing DM :)

Go on Gambit :) Cant hurt now can it ?
Regards,

Andy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

As you say, won't do any harm. I haven't spoken to any of them for a long time, but it's long overdue that I speak to Doug as I need him to clarify some details for me.... ;-) I'll mention it next time I mail him...

As for Wayne and age, PitD, I can't comment for him directly but I have it on good authority that he simply isn't interested in DM anymore, especially due to issues in his personal life.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Allright if you know it directly I won't even try to contradict you, you're having the contacts. Just thought you were generally commenting on interest on computer games when getting older. Thanks for the clarification.

Regards, PitD
Patrician

Bad..

Post by Patrician »

Too bad.. :(
I want buy it too...but.. :(
I miss this game..I REALLY WANT BUY SOME OLD GAMES (DISCWORLD 2 WIN95, DM2...), BUT NO WAY!!! :cry:
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

If it hasnt already been mentioned on here, check out VOGONS (very old games on new systems) to try and get some of the older games working again on modern pc's

Im not sure of a link as work bans people from most games sites but a search on google should do you proud,

good luck
Regards,

Andy

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”