Anyone ever reached Archmaster status?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sundeep Nandra

Anyone ever reached Archmaster status?

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

I've been playing a game with just one character and am at least second grade (the square symbol...can't remember the name of it) master in everything...higher as a wizard and priest. I'm just wondring how much bloody time it takes to become an Archmaster and how many of you, if any, have become Archmasters in any or all of the skills.
Jonathan

RE: Anyone ever reached Archmaster status?

Post by Jonathan »

I have not.. However back when I had my Amiga, I looked at the entire executable file and remember seeing every possible level attainable in raw ASCII form. I think it's near the end of the file. :0)

Yes, Archmaster does exist. I tried getting it by practicing for a very long time, and never got close. It's been a while.

Hello everyone!!! I just found this website!

Jonathan
Demoniac

Post by Demoniac »

Keep in mind that every new level means doubling your experience points. So that when you finally reach the third symbol, for example, you have to gain just as much as you've gained _in_total_ to make it to the fourth. I haven't reached Archmaster myself, but I've noticed the longer time every new level takes ;).
Demoniac

Post by Demoniac »

Err... Sorry about that. It seems I didn't remember the numbers from the Skills page as good as I thought. Forget about the 'total' part, and just have a look at the page. Then you'll notice that it really takes a lot.
Peter Hwa

Post by Peter Hwa »

Whats about the "kids dungeon" ? i never heard anything about it.
can you tell me something about it ???

thx
j.
Steve Hall

Post by Steve Hall »

To reach archmaster, you have to have passed each power sylable as a master, ie lo master to mon master. It takes a stupid amount of time, sleep, food and water, so just use an editor...!
Lusiphur

Post by Lusiphur »

Well, I can only speak for me, but the point here is to succeed in getting to the archmaster status, not hack or cheat and just be an archmaster. Thats too easy, not interesting. Becoming an archmaster is a challenge, not an anoying little thing that you can hack into. I hope that I'm not the only one thinking like that (and I also hope that I make sense... I'm not fluent in english)
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

yep you make sense...and I too do not want to cheat..I want to achieve it....even if it does take me my entire life....
Gareth Wilson

Post by Gareth Wilson »

I used to hang out in the screamer regeneration room to boost skills. Sadly, I too failed in the challenge to be Archmaster!
Draken P

Post by Draken P »

You can use the rat-regeneration-room on level 9 - don't have to worry about food anymore..
So far I've gotten every skill to EE-master-level. I just hope my mouse doesn't die before I reach the archmaster-level. ;)
Thorr

Yup. I have. I'm a loser.

Post by Thorr »

Back in the Amiga days, I reached archmaster status with each of my characters. I still have the save disk just so I can say I did it. I did not use any cheats or such. I just have to say that it took a colossal amount of time. The easiest to reach was the warrior levels. However, for just one character to reach Arch master fighter from the sixth master level took 2 full weeks of turbo button fighting. The Archmaster wizard level took me 3 months. The worst was the Priest. It took a solid 4 months to do it. Priest spells are so slow to execute. I used the Darkness spell (which IS a priest spell and not a Wizard spell).

I am dead serious about this post. I really did spend the time and do it. If my amiga was running, I would make an ADF and post it. When I decided to try for it, I had the crazy notion that I was going to get Archmaster everything for my characters and then play CSB to see how easy it would be be. I was reeeeeeeeally a loser back then.

These are the final stats I had for my characters before I played CSB:

Hauk The barbarian:

Archmaster fighter
Lo master ninja
Lo Master Wizard
Lo master Priest

Stamm Bladecaster:

Archmaster fighter
Lo master ninja
Lo master wizard
Lo master priest

Nabi the Prophet:

Lo master fighter
lo master ninja
lo master wizard
Archmaster priest

Gothmog :

lo master fighter
lo master ninja
Archmaster wizard
lo master priest
Sundeep Nandra

Re: Yup. I have. I'm a loser.

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

Bloody hell...well all I can do is say....

WELL DONE!!!! :D
Gandalf

Re:anyone ever reach archmaster status ?

Post by Gandalf »

That was helarious. No, i don't think i ever have reached that high a level. Does anyone own an atari ST like me ? Mine still works. I can still play dungeon master and chaos strikes back.
Fredrik Olsson

Post by Fredrik Olsson »

I have had Archmaster wizards by wearing the Pendant Feral and Complete Firestaff. I heard that you gained levels faster in the lower levels so I went down to the Dragon and begun spell casting . As I at the time did not know wich levels there was so when I saw the power symbol master levels go by I did not realy know if Mon would be the last so it felt like a great achievment when I got Archmaster, I do not lie if I say that it was one of the highligths of my life (But then DM was my life back then :) ).

My little sister have trained all characters to EE in all skills, I have no clue how long it took she just trained them character by character, skill bu skill. Strange she never bothered to complete the game she just trains them.
Mark Neale

Post by Mark Neale »

Maybe we should set up some sort of help group for people who train their characters to Archmaster... (Only Joking!)
drixx

Post by drixx »

I did it a long time ago on ST, arch wizard. takes a lot of time training at screamer or rats room. don't worry for your mouse, mine was ok after this (my good old square atari mouse seemed designed for this king of thing)