Help needed with config........

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian

Help needed with config........

Post by Ian »

I'm confused - the download page has me baffled.
I downloaded all the files as I wasn't sure what I'd need. Now I'm having trouble working out which goes with what. Like - what do the utility disks do? Are they the equivalent of Workbench disks? So do they insert into DF0:?

And do the game disks load into DF1:?

As far as I can see, only one config file can be loaded at a time. So which config file of the 6 available is to be used?

The page begins by telling you to use one game disk with one utility disk. But the two games use different kickroms, and the utilities vary also. So I assume it's neccessary to select combinations that use the same rom?

Some help here would be much appreciated....
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: Help needed with config........

Post by ChristopheF »

Both Game and Utility disks are bootable, so you should put both of them in DF0: (not at the same time ;)
Put your save game disk in DF1:

The CSB Game disk is the main disk to play the game. Start your game with it. Once you selected your champions, you'll have to save your game, and reboot with one utility disk to "Make a new adventure" based on your saved game. Then you'll reboot again with the Game disk and you can start to really play.

You can use any english utility disk with an english saved game, even if the ROM used is not the same to boot each disk.

Just use the .UAE config files provided and everything should work fine. Try the CSB Game disk 3.1 and the english utility disk R3 (other disks are here for "historical" reasons).

Christophe