stuck in "dead end"

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Wonzling

stuck in "dead end"

Post by Wonzling »

hi!
I have a problem in the "dead end"-corridor near the DDD (behind the Ku door): I killed the knights almost at the spot they appeared, and now the wall at the end of the corridor won't open. What can I do?
Wonzling
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: stuck in "dead end"

Post by Gambit37 »

Turn around and face the way the knights came from... the wall should then open (the trigger for it is direction specific).
Wonzling

Post by Wonzling »

still nothing. How long am i supposed to wait? more than 5 minutes? Maybe it's important that the Knights are still alive (which would be bad, because i saved naturally after i defeated them so quickly)?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

which end of the 'dead end' are you at?
You start off in a short corridor, which opens up almost instantly if you back up. You then have a looooooong corridor to back up in to fight the knights, then you will come to another dead end. Here, there is a tiny switch on the wall a few steps back up...if you pressit, it will open the wall and reveal some stairs to the dragon's den
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i did the same mistake and i found out, that the corridor is opened by a monster activated pad 2 steps before the dead end.
the knights are supposed to chase u until the end of the corridor and then the wall opens behind you, as a last rescue...the programmers didt expect 700 life master fighters at this place :) maybe you can loot another monster at this place, but i failed in this and had to restart (because i safed, too). or maybe u use dmute and create some new knights...
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

I'm pretty sure its a button on the wall and not a monster-activated pad.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's definietely a pad to open the original dead end, didn't know it was a monster one, but it seems logical.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Wonzling

Post by Wonzling »

sniff.
i guess it's restart time for me then.
thanks for the help!
Wonzling
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

Can't you simply cause the knights to regenerate? isn't the trigger for the generator in the corridor??
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's at the other end of the corridor
And no restart...just hack it with Dmute...you've earned the right : ) One mouse click should toggle the wall open

Wonzling

Post by Wonzling »

I guess I'll restart anyway.... I'll simply see it as a chance to play this great game some more and enjoy it :)