Rabbits Foot

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Roy Pinky

Rabbits Foot

Post by Roy Pinky »

Hi,
what is take lucky rabbits foot. For what can I it.
piti
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: Rabbits Foot

Post by Lunever »

It increases an internal character skill called "luck", which is useful in combat. If a character misses, there is a check of luck, which maybe enables the character to succeed, but using luck this way decreases it at the same time.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, unlike FF books, from what i gather if you are lucky, you get luckier, and only if you are unlucky does it decrease.
And haven't personally noticed this
As far as i know, luck affects everything, not just combat...anyone confirm/deny?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I don't know how it is actually in the ftl programs, but I think, it would make more sense, if luck is decreasing when you're saved by luck: luck is like a piece of soap, it uses up.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The last post in the following thread is from one of the original programmers, so he should know what he's talking about:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=22701
Roy Pinky

Post by Roy Pinky »

All thanks you.
piti
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Beowuuf, what are FF books?
Are they the "Choose your own adventure" collection done by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, those were the ones (Fighting Fantasy). You could roll against a luck score, and if you got a lower roll you were lucky, but you lost 1 point of luck..so the more you tested your luck, the more likely you were to be unlucky

Looking at the way DM does it, its' common sense, and what i was think abotu was madness!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Thanks. As I remember them, in the French Edition, each time you choosed to try your luck, you lost 1 luck point anyway. Luck was always wanning quickly.
Excellent books BTW.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

oops, sorry, i just meant to highlight that evn being lucky lost you luck...yup. the act of testing you luck lost you the point, not the outcome