DM Chars to CSB; "disk error"

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
alex k

DM Chars to CSB; "disk error"

Post by alex k »

Hi guys,

I am running the CSB amiga .adf files in the latest WinUAE version 8.21 Release4. All adfs and emulators are downloaded from this site.

I cannot load a saved disk that has been created either by the Dungeon Master adf, or from the prison in the CSB adf. I can run the prison, select characters there, save and reload the game there, and i can also load them into the utility disk editor and "create new adventure", but when trying to load at the "resume" button at the start of CSB, it gives me "disk error". I can load in my characters from DM into the utlity editor just fine also, but no joy with this either - same problem.

Could anybody provide any advice on this? Thanks! I would like to be able to play CSB again!

Alex
alex k

Re: DM Chars to CSB; "disk error"

Post by alex k »

just a quick addendum to the above:

The actual error message is a bit like the guru meditation, flashing red text at the top of the screen saying something like:

Chaos Strikes Back system error - disk error 44

i checked the other threads for advice on this but nothing seems to help. thanks!
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

mmmh. I think I already had this error message.
Are you using the .UAE files from this site?

You should try to change memory options (add or remove RAM, change the type of RAM) or try different versions of kickstart.
alex k

Post by alex k »

Christophe,

thanks dude. works great! In the WinUAE RAM tab I set the memory settings to 2mb Chip RAM and it now works correctly, loading a save file with DM characters into CSB.

cheers,

Alex