CSB Level 3 Dragon Den

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Max Cannaday

CSB Level 3 Dragon Den

Post by Max Cannaday »

I feel like a complete idiot. The walthrough says nothing, the map icons show 'breakable doors', there is not a single mention in any of these forums of any user having any problems with this.

I can't get the darned Dragon Den doors open on level 03.

I have hit the doors with Executioner-Bezerk and Axe-Chop for about 30 straight minutes, while launching untold DES-VEN through the doors to attack the dragons behind them.

I made the mistake of saving my game, and now two of my characters are starving to death, ironically in Dragon-Steak city.

I'm sorry I'm such an idiot for being the only person who can't figure this out, but isn't this was walkthroughs are for? Maybe there should be a NOTE for this area?

Maybe this is a bug in CSBWin96a?
- Max
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Re: CSB Level 3 Dragon Den

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Hi Max,

which door are you talking about? The ones to the dragon rooms (3 of them) or the entrance door? However, you can open doors not only by chopping but also by other methods if they have no switch - have you tried them all out yet? I'm sure you'll find that at least one will work...

Good luck,

regards, PitD
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, that was obscure...i think what pitd means is you may be casting the wrong spell at the wrong target when you are looking over at those dragons
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

You should try fireballs...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

You would be quite unlucky if the dragons hadn't done the deed for you. Though the metal in these doors has quite a high melting point.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

What I meant was of course the same as Christophe - but I wanted to leave some space for thinking while still giving a hint ;o)

Regards, PitD