Is DM II worth a try?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Hannu Helminen

Is DM II worth a try?

Post by Hannu Helminen »

I greatly enjoyed DM and CSB. When DM II arrived, I of course obtained the game. I played it for two full days, but hardly got anywhere, and the game was too hard, playability was lost, monsters kept re-appearing etc. After the initial disappointment, I completely forgot the game.

What are your experiences on the game. If I had played more, would it have been more rewarding?

Hannu
jlarja

RE: Is DM II worth a try?

Post by jlarja »

Well, I hated those reappearing monsters and lousy playability, but finished it anyway. There were some quite interesting puzzles, but I still liked DM and CSB a lot more.

Tän ois varmaan voinut kirjoittaa suomeksikin, mutta sitten kaikki muut olis alkaneet valittaa ;-)
duduche

Download

Post by duduche »

Where can I find DMII?????
I'd like to download it (french or englich version) but don't find it
Please HEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
meynaf
Novice

I think DM2 is worth

Post by meynaf »

It has some features DM1 didn't have, like moving objects such as tables (or you can even destroy them :), buy/sell things,
outdoor exploration, more detailed moves for monsters, animations for objects (I love the flames leeching the fire shield).

Of course monster reappearances suck, but both DM1 and CSB have such things.
I think I'll edit the dungeon file to remove them...

If you wanna download it, it can be found at AEN2000 : http://godflesh.glow.nl
(with tons of other stuff).
The game will give you the choice of which language you wish to use (english, french, german).

But I've seen both Amiga and PC version : the PC version is shitty.
Mike

RE: I think DM2 is worth

Post by Mike »

I LOVED DM2. If you practice the spells for creating sentrys and those robot fighter thingies early on, you can let them do most the fighting for you.

Mike
Mike

Post by Mike »

Have a question:

I've played the PC version of DM2, and am now trying the Amiga version. The problem is I can't get the doors open at the beginning of the game. I'm using WinUAE. Is this the problem? It runs perfectly except for the doors? Any ideas?

Mike
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

Is there an editor to edit the levels in DM2? I've completed it twice but would rather make my own levels for it (or slightly edit the existing ones) than play it straight through again. Any replies would be appreciated.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”