Monster respawning

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ForceMorph

Monster respawning

Post by ForceMorph »

im starting up DMII (on my mac), ive gotten to the wolf area and i was wondering if the wolves respawn after killing them. i know the thief respawns (that was a surprise. i slayed him, went back all proud of myself just to see him steal my sword and shield again), but i dont know if the wolves respawn. any info would be helpful.

also - does armor increase your health, or does it increase some other attribute?

thanks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Monster respawning

Post by beowuuf »

All creatures respawn
And fresh minions will keep searching for you too!

Armour increases your 'armour' value - so you take less damage from blows
Magical armour/shields can have other bonuses, so watch your attributes carefully when you put on something new
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
ForceMorph

Post by ForceMorph »

are you sure that all creatures respawn? since the glops at the beginning and the worms at the second area havent respawned in my game...
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

No, not all monsters respawn. No Glops respawn. Three of the four Thicket Thieves don't respawn, one of the Axemen doesn't respawn, one of the Skeletons outside the crypt doesn't respawn, no Mummies respawn, no Ghosts in the crypt respawn, one of the Tiger Worms in the pit near the Vexirks laboratory doesn't respawn, Dru-Tan doesn't respawn, no Merchant Guards respawn, ect. The wolves do respawn, but there might be one that doesn't. You don't have to kill the wolves you know. My walkthrough additions has a list of the items that boost any attributes.
ForceMorph

Post by ForceMorph »

i was just going to slowly kill off the wolves so i wouldnt have to deal with them so much.

thanks for the info, christopher
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Kill the wolves? If you don't attack them, and then play with them by throwing the bone for them to follow (which is the simplest way of getting the stuff on the otherside of that pit--the wolves bring the stuff back when they return the bone to you), then they won't attack you.

Not many people seem to realise how advanced the AI in DM2 really is, and this is one reason why it took three years to develop (and was seen as out of date when it finally arrived).
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

(as explained in my walkthrough additions) Yes, that's right. There are many monsters who don't take much interest in the champions until the champions attack or get in the way.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

I found one actuator that would say it is a Glop generator but it targets the Thicket Thief generator in the starting area. I don't really understand how this works.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”