scaling the graphics with 2xSaI or Scale2X

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
luckycharms

scaling the graphics with 2xSaI or Scale2X

Post by luckycharms »

Hello,

I sort of dropped out of all this a while ago, glad to see it's still alive. Back when Enzo still had his site . . .

Anyway. Did anybody ever think about scaling (interpolating) the original graphics with 2xSaI or Scale2X?

Where do I post this? Is this the right forum?

Cheers,
Chris
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Is there a download of a demo or shareware version of this program? What exactly does it do? What are it's limits? Have you tried it yourself yet?

Regards, PitD
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Actually RTC is George's pet project from before helpign with that other one. The dungeonmaster 3 That you and I were working on back then is long dead. Pretty much after you left and Enzo had his kid.. that was the last of it.

As for technical posts.. I dunno I guess this is really the best place for it.. as suggestions are what you are making right ? :)

anyway glad to see you back.. why not register. :)

moo
luckycharms

Post by luckycharms »

Hey guys,

I could register, but I'm just too lazy, and I don't have a lot of time to frequent message boards anymore.

If you look on Google you'll find 2xSaI, Scale2X and the Advance Mame projects, all of which scale graphics. You'll have to check the license conditions though if you want it built into RTC ... what you could alternatively do is try to scale the graphics ahead of time.

Anyway, I'm playing DM right now with the latest WinUAE, and it has scaling / filtering built in. It's a bitch to set up properly, but it looks nice when it works. It's too bad Drake never finished a complete set of updated graphics (at least that I could find), his interpretation was very true to the original style IMO.

Cheers,
Chris

Post by Guest »

p.s. PitD -- they are "algorithm" packages (libraries), although I think some of them have standalone executables that you can scale graphics with. They're used in almost every emulator these days.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Yeah, I still sometimes think of completing the set. It's all a matter of time. The matter being there aren't enough hours in a day.

Thanks for the compliment though.

Cowsmanaut (AKA Drake)

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Well, some nice ones already crept across my path while starting to playtest Coflux II this morning... since I never saw changed graphics for CSBwin before they came as quite a shock. Compliments to cows and Zyx!

Regards, PitD