Dungeon Master 2 amiga version problems!!!

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Dungeon Master 2 amiga version problems!!!

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello Folks!

I have tried to play the amiga version of DM2 and have succesfully installed it on the Amiga emulator harddrive. Everything seems to work fine until I try to read the scroll that is in the alcove to the left of the Skullkeep gate (in the begining after 1-2 min of play). When I try to read it the game crashes and I get a red screen.
Has anyone gotten the game to work perfectly??? And if so, which version of Winuea was used and which disks where downloaded???

Thanks in advance!

/Daniel (Sweden)
Nostrum

Post by Nostrum »

I don't remember where I downloaded my version from,but I'll have a look around the web and when I find it I'll put a link to it here.But my version is running without crashes or any other problem(well,there was this one problem where the entire game was engulfed in a lighting storm that wouldn't quit,but closing winamp and restarting fixed it)Also I'm using a hard disk image of dm2 to play,maybe that's the problem.Well,more when I find the site I got the image from.
copperman
Um Master

UAE and DM2

Post by copperman »

1. DM2 for Amiga can be downloaded from the DM encyclopaedia.

2. Make sure you have the latest version of WinUAE, i know that some fairly recent versions have DM2 issues that have been corrected with this latest release.
Don't be scene or herd!
Rodi

Dungeon Master 2 Amiga

Post by Rodi »

If you want to play Dungeon Master 2 easily with an emulator Amiga on PC, i advise you to download the file HDF of Dungeon Master 2 from the site www.planetemu.net.

Go to this site and go to Ordinateurs/Amiga/Roms/Commodore Amiga Hardfiles HDF.

Then, download the file Dungeon Master 2 (1994)(Interplay)(AGA).zip

After that, decompress it and you have a HDF file of Dungeon Master 2.

To use it, start WINUAE and put this HDF in Hardrives/Add Hardfile/Path

Launch WINUAE

You have the game in your hardrive Amiga : just click on it and the game starts.

The interest of this operation is there is nothing to install.

Good game.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Worked fine for me. Thanks. :D

I have the original Amiga version of DM2, and the floppies are still in their plastic wrappers because I pre-ordered it, but it was seriously delayed and whilst I was waiting for it to turn up my A1200 packed up and I bought a PC (a retrograde step back then). I didn't cancel as I thought I might get the Amiga fixed, but never got round to it.

I installed WinUAE from the "Retro Gamer" cover disc recently which gave me the urge to finally play DM2. The only problem I had was getting Kickstart and Workbench off the net (which I got eventually). Although I still have the Amiga floppies there is no way to transfer them with a dead machine (which is still in the loft too).

It runs a little slow on my PC (Athlon 2400) so I guess I'll try the JIT settings - otherwise no problems at all.

I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish, as I've now got four games on the go with limited time to play: I'm currently enjoying (but making slow progress on) Conflux II, Towers of Chaos and Imprisoned Again on CSBWin.