Dumb as a box of rocks (DM2)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Slysar
Novice

Dumb as a box of rocks (DM2)

Post by Slysar »

Most people have heard this expression before and some of us have even said it. But even the wiseman enjoys the company of the fool on occasion. Now you shall enjoy mine.
I am here to tell you that a box of rocks is not always as dumb as it's reputation entails. That's right, I said it! A box of rocks is a smart thing to have! I am a great saver of boulders and rocks. I put them in a chest in anticipation of a time when a 28.6 Kg. chest full of boulders and rocks might actually come in handy. As usual, I rarely disappoint myself.
The scenario when this chest comes in handy is thus: My character is ruff and tuff and buff. My character has 80+ strength and it stands before a plate which has a pit on all 4 sides of it. Anything I throw at it sails far beyond its mark. Anything that is, except for my dumb box of rocks!
Slysar
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Heheh.

Ok guess we'll never under-estimate the power and usefulness of a dumb box of rocks...hmm maybe I should get one myself. :wink:
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Besides, boulders are excellent melee weapons! Just move into battle with one in each hand, and throw them at your opponent until your opponent dies or your arms fall off, whichever comes first.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

as much as rocks are usefull in early levels (and i tend to use them a lot) i still prefer a good "Vorax" or "Blue Steel"... call me picky ;)
SecretMaster
Neophyte

Post by SecretMaster »

Blue Steele and Vorax own every weapon, except for the Morningstar/Mace. Keep your rocks thank you very much, I prefer a nice weapon that can cut any limb off.
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

I was sort of joking about the boulders-as-weapons comments. Rocks, sure. But boulders? Too draining on the stamina and too difficult to actually throw in th early parts of the game. Slings are nice subs for the bow, but not much beats a Speedbow with Slayer Arrows for damage/distance except Mon Ful Ir and possible Mon Oh Bro Ra.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

Do you know that the boulders actually get you more experience than rocks ? weight/strenght/stamina drain rate kinda thingy... if you actually try to throw the boulders instead of rocks you get ninja and fighter levels faster :D
" Never Fear Death, Embrace It As You Embrace Darkness... "