My pet glop

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Slysar
Novice

My pet glop

Post by Slysar »

The modern slobber glop salivates half its own body weight, each day. These fragile creatures can only be found in the beginning areas of DM2. The glops I know have a sloppy black recently deficated style body with yellow eyes and a purple hat which they use for mating rituals.
Unfortunately glops do not mate for procreation.There are only 6 glops in existance. Yes I said it first: Glops are an endangered species!!! I beg you to help me preserve them. My favorite method is... make your own zoo!
The room which houses the resurection shrine is an ideal place to house these precious and VERY frail creatures. It will hold all 6 glops. I don't reccommend this however, some of you still keep 4 characters in your group which makes your team weak in my humble opinion. I never use the shrine because i'm always SO lonely! Which is why I like apet glop or 2 or 3.
Now I have discovered something phenominal about these glops and the shrine room. And I will not, I say again, absolutely refuse to spoil it for you. I will give you a few hints however....

1) Glops pick things up and put them down on occassion.
2) Glops are very weak.
3) The resurrection shrine resurrects fellow party members.
4) Glops don't need food or water to survive.

You all have a nice day now!
Slysar
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

I don't see where you are going. Glops ressurect party members for you if you toss the bones in there?

If you were to put a table on the tile just inside the door (so it doesn't get crushed,) you could keep 5 Glops inside and not worry about accidentally squishing them in the door. You could throw food in there and pretend to be feeding them... Maybe you could store food in there! Oooh! I like food! Pick me! Pick me!
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Your descriptions are enchanting (although badly punctuated) and your ideas are good, but I dont see any connection between the Altar of Life and Glops. None. I put 3 Glops in there and tossed in some bones from my dead party members, and my thesis was not supported. Also, I don't understand how the Glops do anything phenomenal. If so, what are the requirements?

1. The Altar of Life room
2. 1-6 Glops inside
3. Door closed/table in room or doorway
4. What else?
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Alright Slysar. I give. Uncle. I put 6 Glops in my shrine room and move a table out in front so they had 1 tile of movement space (the table is outside the open door). Nothing is happening. The Glops aren't reproducing, I'm not gaining stats because they are there, I'm not getting items because they are there, I don't think anything is happening. Tell me your "phenomenal" secret! PM me on this board if you want to keep it secret. Nobody else is even interested. But I AM interested! Tell me or I will be haunted forever or think you are a lying scumbag!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Remember that this is the guy who introduced himself by calling us all a bunch of losers.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

" How fame is fleeting... " this is pathetic...
Slysar
Novice

Post by Slysar »

You are all a bunch of losers? I said this? Provide proof as I wish to see it. How quickly and deeply offended some are! I do promise to play with cotton coated kiddy gloves from now on, I do hereby swear. I realize how utterly sensitive and emotional some people are. That post was made to rough the mind not unlike a drill sergeants tactics. 'DM2 is easy as pie' was the discussion and in it, I stated that cheating was not necessary if you altered your strategy and thinking. Cheating is destructive. One who must cheat to make it is creating a false sense of accomplishment and weak legs to stand upon in the end. Cheaters are given fish. Wise men would seek to teach these people to fish rather than give a hand out. It's solid logic and these days there are too many wiffle balls and cork core bats being used on the major league baseball fields (Yes it's just an example).
As for my pet glops....

If you don't figure it out on your own in a few months time, i'll detail the method one can go about to get a glop in your party. I do have to give the opportunity to the hard core people out there to figure it out by themselves (which gives one a distinct thrill and solid sense of self reliance).
You all have the most lovely day with sugar and spice and rose petals in place of your tootoo paper! Kisses and hugs, XOXOXOXXXOOOXXOXO and p.s. X's and O's...
Love, truely yours, Slysar
Slysar
Novice

Post by Slysar »

Oh and please don't forget to argue a bit more. Please pick apart any words i've written with your acute acumen and holier than thou sensibilities. I already realize that everyone else on earth is better than I am in every way already, so I wouldn't miss an opportunity to be scrutinized and flamed upon. I promise to be hurt emotionally and thereby: destroyed as an individual.
Lovelies and smooches!
Slysar
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Well, a Glop in the party is pretty bold of a statement. Aside from hacking, say, a character's picture, it can't be seriously done. If you have a Glop following you around, it's not in your party. If ANYONE else had discovered this, a billion cheat websites would be listing "Glop in the party" as a DM2 cheat. Unless, of course, you are simply the smartest player of DM2 and nobody else figured it out.

edit: cowsmanaut.. personal information removed.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Let's keep this on topic.. enough bickering. Any further uneccesary biting comments will be removed. Let's behave yourselves. This includes Mods!

moo
SecretMaster
Neophyte

Post by SecretMaster »

I'd never kill glops. They are one of kind. And you get strong enough to withstand their petty attacks so fast, so I don't mind em. Thats why I don't kill them. That and they don't pick up anything tremendously good. We should all spare the glops' lives.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

Excuse me for dwelling on this, but why do you actually need/want glops for ?
" Never Fear Death, Embrace It As You Embrace Darkness... "
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Slysar says they can be members of the party (meaning they probable just follow you around attacking you). I think he's just trying to start a riot or something. Glops are annoying and ugly.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

Plus they atack you :roll:
" Never Fear Death, Embrace It As You Embrace Darkness... "
kaosthafeared
Apprentice

Post by kaosthafeared »

they make cheap item carrierrs though if you solo. toss a bunch of healing potions on them and kill em when needed =D
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Notice that Slysar hasn't returned.... I bet that he was lying and just doing this for kicks.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I think the men in white coats got him.