So, who voted today (yesterday)

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

So, who voted today (yesterday)

Post by beowuuf »

And if you don't mind me asking, who did you vote for?

I usually on't vote, but decidedto vote Lib Dem - Aberdeen North is a Labour seat, stayed with 40%, but LD's got 23% which is quite an increase, SNP used to be second highest here...

And does anyone know why ITV are quoting higher numbers than BBC - do they just quote conceeded as well as declared or something?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yus, I voted, it would be irresponsible not to. I voted Green. Although I am not completely up on all their policies, it's the party I best felt represented my current views at this point in my life.

I live in Hove, next to Brighton. Hove's green candidate got only 5% of the votes, while the Brighton Pavilion ward received 22% -- just behind Lib Dems at 23% -- Brighton is still labour, but if the Greens had managed to reach second and beaten Lib Dem that in itself would have been magnificent. It's a good result for them and puts them firmly on the political agenda as something more than 'also rans'.

This is a great little app on the BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2005 ... /map05.stm
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am in the Sheffield Hillsborough ward where labour held. I spent a lot of time looking at policies and couldn't make up my mind. Each main party had glaring flaws in my opinion and I couldn't justify voting for any of them. So I spoiled the paper. To be honest, Green fitted my views the most but we had nobody standing.
The BNP candidate was useless and the UKIP candidate only slightly better. This was from interviews in the local free press where they both dadn't have a clue on local issues.