Rico's conflux thread

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Rico Len
Novice

Rico's conflux thread

Post by Rico Len »

yeah you read it right. :p whoever said this dungeon could use it's own forum was darn tootin. lol

Uh, yeah, at anyrate.

I've been playing this for quite some time now... and I've only just now found the tower of manpang. Kinda urks me that I was taking unwarrented risks in fighting down there with TWO dragons. I swear I walked in there saw a dragon killed and then slept! I had no idea there was another dragon carrying the missing master key! :p I'm amazed I didn't get attacked.

So now I've come to yet another spot in the game where I really could use conflux's equivilent of the Zo spell, but I still can't figure it out, nor have I found a scroll that tells me how to cast it. ... I can't find the VI potion equivilent either, but at least sleeping and eating gives me a work-around. I'd really like to be able to push the scorpion past the stairway, but without the Zo spell I don't know how to.

Also are there any lock picks in this game that I can get without getting Iaido? If so where abouts should I look?

And how do I get into the dwarven forges? I'm sure it's something simple but well... so am I, so I can't figure it out. :p

<Sigh> at least my group's built up well. Sonja's over 700 health now.
Who is John Galt?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Rico's Roughnecks! WOOF!

...ok, I think I watched Starship Troopers a few dozen times too often... anyway...

I got stuck at the Tower of Mampang for the EXACT same reason for a very long time. There actually IS an equivalent of the ZO spell... The scroll for it can be found near the beginning of the game. Look for the "Dedalus of Infinity" and the place with the invisible pit...

I am not sure if there really is a scroll that tells you the equicalent of the VI potion; just have a look at the runes and their description that came with the download and experiment a bit, and you might be able to figure it out.

For the lockpicks - no, there are none except the ones Iaido are carrying. Version k will tell you this Diablo-style. :wink:

It took me very long to enter the Dwarven Forges as well, yet it is very simple. Look where the Forges are located, and try to think of a very simple, yet not obvious way to enter them.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I found the Zo equivalent by experimenting. Put it this way: it is not as easy as it was originally, try reading the documents you got when you downloaded the dungeon, they might help a little. This spell is also on a scroll somewhere. There's a nice surprise waiting further up the tower but I won't spoil it for you...you'll love it :lol:. One good thing is that if you have Sonja in your team, you will have a good weapon too.

VI is a bit easier and I am not sure if there is a scroll somewhere. However, if you are interested in healing wounds, any sort of potion seems to do the trick in version J...

Post by Guest »

Trantor wrote:Rico's Roughnecks! WOOF!

The scroll for it can be found near the beginning of the game. Look for the "Dedalus of Infinity" and the place with the invisible pit...
Hey someone got the origion of the Rico from my name correct for once. :p lol

Uh... that invisible pit drops you to the weaken non-elemental beings scroll, not the open doors scroll. I've tried that spell and it doesn't open doors. Er, at least not the one where you cast your might, influence, precision, and strength. <shrugs>

I'll read about the runes again though. They helped me find the fireball spell. Maybe if I think about it enough I'll find the Open Doors spell too.
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

oh son of a... I thought I was logged in... mybad.
Who is John Galt?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, not the pit in the room, you have to do the area passed that with the screamers - one of the side puzzles (the door opened by a torch).

For the healing spell - rememebr how VI altars were called VI altars cause they have VI on them? Have you checked out what they have on them now?

And also, as a general rule in Conflux, drop down pits. Zyx hides bonuses, and sometimes areas, down pits.

And it is the CSB engine, not version j that has the 'heal by eating' bug - upgrade your engine Ian! : )
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

As Beo said - don't drop down that pit, look around near it. There is a throwing test similar to the ROS way in CSB that you have to pass.
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

Wow, if this weren't par for the course for me I woud have to said that was pretty sad... Actually I think it needs to be said anyways. :P

When I got the clothes I figured I was done with that area. I didn't notice the other tiny switch.

And man... the alter of VI Gor is just so obvious... if I had just paid attention.

I can't imagine how many more things that were blantently obvious that I missed simply because I wasn't paying attention. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are whole major sections of the dungeon I haven't even found yet. heheh

I'll have to start looking around the dwarven forges again. I still haven't figured out that 'no plasmas' puzzle yet.
Who is John Galt?
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I can't imagine how many more things that were blantently obvious that I missed simply because I wasn't paying attention. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are whole major sections of the dungeon I haven't even found yet. heheh
Fiery Cerberus is a bugger for that! And it's ok. I've got maximum points in the quest competition yet I still don't believe I have explored every possible place in the dungeon :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not around the dwarven forges.... maybe...another direction...
The no plazma 'puzzle' has one very obvious solution that has nothing to do with plasma, and not particularly subtle either : )
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

So I finally realized how simple it is to get to the council... now if I could just figure out how to kill them... They appear unkillable. They aren't though are they?
Who is John Galt?
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I am assuming that you have dropped into the Council Chamber from above... if so they are fairly easy to kill, there are quite a lot of them though.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

There are more cloaked figures on that level than just the Council. If you can't kill them quite quickly, then you are pounding on the wrong guys. The Council members themselves are, as Ian said, relatively easy to kill, but reaching them is hard.
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

oh really? I must be in the wrong place. I've gone through a series of Ra doors down on the council level and there are rooms with a few vexirks and two 'evils'. I figured those 'evils' were the councilors. Am I wrong? And if so who are these people and can THEY be killed?
Who is John Galt?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Yes, you are wrong. When I first entered there, I also thought these guys would count as council members, but they do not. You also cannot kill them. Reaching the REAL council is a bit more difficult...
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

Hmmm... to quote that gangster from Johnny Dangerously: Suminum batch. :p
Who is John Galt?