[Fixed for V0.41] Slow turning with heavy load?

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

[Fixed for V0.41] Slow turning with heavy load?

Post by Trantor »

If a character is heavily loaded (the weight appears in yellow or red), turning around takes longer, just like moving. In normal DM, the speed of turning is not dependant on encumbrance, and I think that is the way it should be done.

BTW: Thank you very much for the ability to "load" the keys GG! RTC plays much smoother now! :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's been like this for a loooooooooong time, but yes, it has actually bugged me alot (think I mentioend it many moons ago). I would prefer turning to not be linked to weight aswell...it makes combat and injuries quite painfully annoying - so that's another vote
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

+1
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yep! And I can confirm: You ARE able to properly and quickly fight and turn in chain or even plate, actually I've seen someone move pretty fast in combat while wearing padded armour under a full chain mail, and a thick tournament full plate over it, for a total of 65 kg of armour. And he wore most of the time during a 9 day event. Ok, you are slower at sprinting and long distance walks, especially uphills toward the castle, but turning toward your opponents and fighting with them is not hindered, for heavy armour is MADE for combat, and the heavy weight is very evenly spread. So, in short, I support this too, load should only slow down actually moving tiles, not turning.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

It's all physics, isn't it? It doesn't take hardly any force to pivot something about an axis, no matter it's weight?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If you've got a large weight in one hand and swing round, surely it should make you swing faster (and probably further than you intend ;))...plus of course you can clonk anything in the head that's sneaked up on you ;).
Not that I'm suggesting being encumbered should make you turn faster. How the smeg would that work lol.
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.41