just cant do it!!!! help!!!!

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
bubbleandsqueek
Novice

just cant do it!!!! help!!!!

Post by bubbleandsqueek »

i am stuck on the first puzzle inside the skull keep the one with the 3 doors that open and shut quickly and the blinking eye, i have read walk throughs and got past the first door but stll get no where near getting through the other two. please help
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm, if you're at the puzzle I think you're at, and if I'm remembering rightly, there are three green buttons on the wall near the three doors. Each button opens noe of the doors for a short time, so you have to press them in the order so that the first door opens, then the second, then the third, and then leg it through before they all shut again.
As for the blinking eye...hmm...if you mean the Tech Eyes on the wall that open and then close when you step near them...err...check the walls, but mind your head if you cause an eye to open!

thats the place, i have found the order in which to press the buttons but i am no where near fast enough to get through before they shut
hennaeh
Neophyte

Post by hennaeh »

bubbleandsqueek wrote:thats the place, i have found the order in which to press the buttons but i am no where near fast enough to get through before they shut
Cast OH IR ROS to improve the speed of your party for a while. That makes the puzzle extremely easy.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Did you notrice the eye is actually showing you the order to press them?

If you press them fast then instantly back up you should be able to get through ok
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

As it was said... OH IR ROS is very important here, as for the order.. experiment a bit. All I can say is get some VI potions ready, because you may get crushed by the last gate...

(PS. I'm back...)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I've never ever ever used the Accelerate spell any time I played DM2, so it isn't necessary for any puzzle (assuming RTC-DM2 speed is the same as FTL-DM2 speed), though presumably it helps. I think you just press the buttons in the right order, then leg backwards as fast as you can to get through the three doors. As Suule says, you might get bonked by the last door but that's no biggy really...well, unless you have anyone who only has about three hitpoints left, I suppose ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can find your groove and slip through no problem as long as you aren't encumbered
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Just to confirm, RTCs version of DM-II doesn't require the OH IR ROS spell to complete this (or any) puzzle. An unencumbered party should get through fine.

That's not to say that the spell doesn't make it easier of course :wink:
bubbleandsqueek
Novice

brilliant advise guys i got through this puzzle and i am on to the next thanks, what a game.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”