Secret switch in Skullkeep entrance

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
justsomeguy
Neophyte

Secret switch in Skullkeep entrance

Post by justsomeguy »

There is a secret switch in the entrance to Skullkeep in the area where the four tablets are to be placed.

Behind one of the lanterns there is a loose brick (boulder) in the wall. If you remove the boulder a switch is revealed, but pressing it appears to do nothing.

Is there a purpose for it?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Did you maybe find a morning star nearby? ;-)
In that case I wouldn't say it'd do nothing.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Is this PC version? I don't remember any loose bricks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I just recall it being a normal switch =- the loose brick was in the prison area obeside the rams etc
justsomeguy
Neophyte

Post by justsomeguy »

Lunever: To be honest, I'm not even sure what a morning star is.
Tom Hatfield: Yeah, it's the PC (CD version I think).

To get there here are the precise directions; You start off in the Chamber of Heros (I think that's what it's called). From there, go up the ladder, out the door (after finding the silver key) and through the next door you come to on your right. (The one which you need the '*' key from the pub/food shop for.) After that, you're almost at the entrance to Skullkeep. Just go round the corner and you'll pass a stone pillar with a picture of a sun and moon on it. (Not sure what that's for either.) Carry on straight ahead and you walk straight into the entrance to Skullkeep. When you get there you'll find three lanterns. Two of them are on your right and one on your left. Go to the furthest one away from the entrance, and nearest to the door to Skullkeep. (Or the second one on the right if you prefer.) Pull it out of the way and walk into its place facing the wall. On the bottom right, one of the bricks should stand out. Click on it and it will reveal a switch in the wall. I've pressed this switch, but it doesn't appear to do anything.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

It is no shame not to know what a morning star is.
I am not sure about it either. I believe we all mean flail and say morning star.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_star_%28weapon%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flail_%28weapon%29
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think the switch opens an alcove on the right side of the green dragon door in the same room. Maybe you didn't look there before you pressed the switch, so didn't notice what it had done? I dunno, it's been years since I played DM2.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

This reminds me: Are there many secrets in DM2 ? I always thought there were few and somehow this has always been a flaw of DmII for me.
Since you had the shops I did not really bother to find any.
I heard from a wolf secret where it would carry some items over a pit for you , and I found one or two myself.. All the dm2 secrets are being found on the dm/csb encyclopaedia, am I right?
justsomeguy
Neophyte

Post by justsomeguy »

Gambit37: Thanks for the tip. When I get there I'll check it out.
zoooom: I'm not entirely sure, but I think that there's a puzzle in the wolf area where you have to go underground and move boulders into place so that you can cross pits on the ground above.
justsomeguy
Neophyte

Post by justsomeguy »

Gambit37: I checked out the other side of the green dragon door before and after pressing the switch. Nothing seems to be there.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Right hand side of the door as you look at it, still in the moveable torch bowl area. A morning star (spiked ball-chain-handlle) should appear in the right hand alcove.
justsomeguy
Neophyte

Post by justsomeguy »

Ahh, cool. I never noticed it before. Thanks beowuuf.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”