GOR Coin

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
brad1138
Neophyte

GOR Coin

Post by brad1138 »

I have had a coin that came with CSB (amiga version) around for a long time, it says "Danger Thus Reveals Its Face" on one side and "GOR" on the other side with a picture of Choas (it think). Just ran across it again. Is this rare at all? Googling "Danger Thus Reveals Its Face" gets very little. It is in good to verygood condition. Figured this would be the place to ask.

Thanks,
Brad
Just FYI, I could be used for snu-snu
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ooh, there is a thread where this comes up if you do a search on the forum topics...I forget which members said they had one at all, and which then still had it
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

In the sense of rare meaning "Were many made?", sorry, but it's not rare as it comes with every copy of Chaos Strikes Back which I believe runs into the hundreds of thousands (if you include the Japanese versions).

However, lots of people who have CSB have lost their Gor coin, so I guess you could consider it cool to have kept yours. If you sold it on eBay, only DM fans would buy it and I imagine you'd get a couple of quid for it.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I would like to have one too!
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I have both a Gor coin and a map (well, it's not a map map, just a bunch of images that represent where stuff is laid out in the dungeon or something) that came with CSB. They're up in my room. And yeah, there was a thread a while back where everyone else was posting to say whether or not they had one too.
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

i still have mine in a jar somewhere, had it stuck to the side of my computer desk for years, my kids asked what it was quite often, obviously curious if they could spend it :) , i remember buying the box and hearing it rattle inside all the way home until i opened it.
keep your gor coin handy
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

Na, that coin is worthless...no one would be interested at all here...

So....are you going to post it on eBay??? :wink:
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

no amount of money can obtain my coin :wink: , i'm in love with DM, how could i ever hand away my coin, it's like a wedding ring :)
keep your gor coin handy
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Hehe, did you offer it to your wife on your wedding day ? :P

I don't have a coin, though i have the ST disks for Chaos Strike Back.
I probably lost it, unless there was a version of the game without a coin...

Actually, I think a working ST or CSB floppy is more valuable than the coin :)

( ...My ST went dead 14 YEARS ago... :cry: )
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'm still annoyed that the game buying catalogue managed to run out of CSB for Amiga just when I went to buy it - all these years and it still hurts!

Lol, so, to summarise - it's not valuable as in rare, but if you put it on e-bay and link it here someone might buy it off you if they need to propose to their girlfriend :D
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ran out did they, ahhhhh, lol, yeah, i handed away my amigas and its thousands of games in 1994. I bought again the amiga extreme amiga clasic 3 dvds, it has most of the amiga games. I still miss my amiga :(

you'd marry for that coin , wow, i didn't know it had that much charm 8-)
keep your gor coin handy