(fixed) Dungeon display bug at low luminosity

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Joramun
Mon Master

(fixed) Dungeon display bug at low luminosity

Post by Joramun »

At low luminosity, perspective 2 wall are not displayed.

This is fine when in pitch black, because the floor is also totally dark.

On the other hand, when casting Lo Ful once, it raises the luminosty enough to see one tile away, but the engine still doesn't display the walls on either side (one tile away) while the floor is visible more than one tile away.

So it looks like the W are open tiles : (even though they are walls).
It might be that it happens in other situations.
WOW
#O#
#P#
What Is Your Quest ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

This is weird. Why would the display of wallsets be light-dependent? Considering there is an option to keep cyan unaffected by darkness, it seems very dangerous to cut down on feature display in darkness. Is DSB that starved for processor cycles? It wasn't my impression, and my laptop is 5 years old.
Remy
Craftsman

Post by Remy »

It's not - the wall is supposed to be displayed. If you play with it carefully, and compare it to the original DM (well, I used CSBwin, but same difference) it actually only occurs on every other step. It seems as if you can see the floor, but I really can't tell if it's some wall detail coming through, as DSB is also darker in general.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I don't draw anything past a certain point when the light level is below a certain level. I guess I set the baseline light levels a little too high, though.

Fixed!