Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

It's a shortcut elevator. You have to trigger it from the mines before you can use it indefinately.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

It seems no matter where I go, I get stuck. I found the long lost wand, or in my case the very long lost wand, and now I can't figure out how to get out of the room it was in. Can someone help me out? (I think I may hold the record as the person who's asked for help the most for this dungeon)
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

No way you hold this record, I do !

There's a hint in the room about what you should do with it (on a scroll in an alcove I think).

The wand was lost, you need to put it where it belongs.
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just because you found it doens't mean you get to keep it unless you are sneaky :D

Now you have it, put it back in the alcover where you found the scroll!
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

I am stuck, I am in the fire level, and the only stairs i found sent me to hell, what hints can anyone give me. thanks
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

If you're playing the newest version, you're stuck there. Reload an older game and try to avoid that area. I'm guessing it's under developement and maybe a new area of Conflux to explore in future versions.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Does anyone have a 'Creatures' list for
Conflux II similar to:

http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/781

I want to know what a RoofLurker looks like! ;-)

Moreover-----don't you think that Conflux III
deserves a separate section on the encyclopaedia?
It is a GREAT advancement over DM and CSB
while maintaining the same look and feel. The
things I read people saying about Conflux III make
me feel that it is not fully appreciated. My God!
The thing is well thought out, huge, complex, and
coherent. People will be discovering things in that
dungeon for decades.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

That would be cool if Zyx made up a creature list like that. I'm guessing that the Roof Lurkers are the green creatures found in Leyla's ending. If my memory serves correctly, Halk's is the only guild leader whose ending doesn't have a non-DM monster in it. So if you want to see all the creatures in the mean time, i suggest reviving the other three guild leaders.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

What is the trick to get more supplys for the strong. I have seen it once but I can not find it again. I decided to start over so I can get a guild leader. thanks
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

The trick is to get there after triggering a certain floor pad. It opens a special area that seems to close from other triggers near by. If you have trouble, use the map.

What is the deal with the steal sphinx in Mophus's ending? I have found the correct weapon for killing it, supposedly, but it can't die. I have spent several hours attacking it continually without it attacking back, and it won't die. Am I missing something? I'm guessing it has the two keys I need, but I see no other way to get them but to kill the sphinx, which isn't dying. It's made this otherwise great game very frustrating.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's been a while, but I seemed to recall once you had the weapon you did huge damage to it and killed it quickly...are you sure the weapon is complete?
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

1) Is it possible to block the way to Emerald Forest by using too many emerald keys earlier ? I used a lot on doors and shortcuts (like the 4 pits on emerald level) and now missing 1 sar key with only 1 emerald key in backpack. Have not been to moria yet, though.

2) Gardening challenge - what is the trick to pass the invisible wall (there is a plate on the floor behind it) ? I killed the golems, killed dragons beneath, got some elven clothes and that it. Can't find the way to open the gate and pass the invisible wall. Also what is the meaning of recharging coin slots ? Tried it but it has no recharged any of my old staves, guess its not working like that.

3) Sundrier - any important things here ?

4) 4 sapphires an 4 chalcedonies - well, I put them into the hole and nothing happend. Does it trigger some walls or ?

5) Any hint where is the 4th key of b needed for the Xanathar ? I got on in the bag after solving the worms riddle, 1 behind invisible wall in the zoom area and 1 in the darkness level, in the niche.

Edit: allright, found the 4th key by uncovering 1 moree fake wall in the zoom area
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

What is the deal with the steal sphinx in Mophus's ending? I have found the correct weapon for killing it, supposedly, but it can't die. I have spent several hours attacking it continually without it attacking back, and it won't die. Am I missing something? I'm guessing it has the two keys I need, but I see no other way to get them but to kill the sphinx, which isn't dying. It's made this otherwise great game very frustrating.
Examine it a bit more closely. It needs activating, this doesn't require another object.

1) Is it possible to block the way to Emerald Forest by using too many emerald keys earlier ? I used a lot on doors and shortcuts (like the 4 pits on emerald level) and now missing 1 sar key with only 1 emerald key in backpack. Have not been to moria yet, though.
There is another way in. If you play with the cursed party you'll get a hint.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

btw, when I want to play with telport spell I keep getting: "An item of power blocks the air rune" massage. I don't have power gem with me anymore, used it to open the door, so what item of power does the massage refer to ?
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

bah, another question - is there no point for the dragon's leggins from the green dragon in the Emerald Forest, or am I bugged ?
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Sounds bugged. You should get three points or so.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

I did not get any points for the chest piece from the Smaug either :/
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You only gets points for the whole suit of armour I believe, right?
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

I hope so. Though, there is "3 points per armor piece" in Conflux Challenge topic, so no idea.

Another question - The King Under the Mountain - was it this Wizard-like under moria protected by pillars, that dropped crown of the pride ? Damn I want more lore ! ;p
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The old system used to be the full armour, perhaps it is bugged then if it awards points per :(

Sadly I'm a few version behind and so lots of the new stuff I have no clue over - it sounds right though!
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Few minutes ago I opened the upper amory in the Moria and got 3 points for the dragon boots. Yet I can't get points for chest from Smaug and leggins from green dragon in Emerald Forest. Got 3 points for the shield though.

Still missing helmet, but when I get the full armor it should be 122 points (in theory, cos I guess my 6 points are bugged) without single guild ending, guess its possible to get at least 167 points.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

The helmet should have been the first piece you got. You are supposed to get points for each individual piece of armor and not have to wait until you get the entire collection.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

I can't find it, I guess it might be somwhere in the crypt or spider level, the only thing I have not figured out there is the tribute of Druafang in the Arrogant Room and few other tributes, like Hercules one.

Any hint what level/location it is located ? I must have missed it somehow.

EDIT: Heh, just found it, damn this fake wall, was so lucky though, had only 1 more emerlad key with me.

Can anyone confirm that dragon leggins from the Dragon in Emerald forest and the dragon armor from the Smaug in Moria ARE the correct piece of dragon armor, please ? If so then I will send the save game to Zyx to fix the points.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Yes indeed they are. The dragon armor are all unique pieces of armor. Each one has a little tidbit written about them if you have a high priest level.

Edit: To Justine's number 4 question. Search the center pillar. There should be a ruby or something like that for the four sapphires and four of the other gems. That's a bad exchange rate if I do say so myself.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

A question about 'ressurection' spell riddle in the Crypt level. B. menitoned that its quite easy and requires some component(s).

I put the snapdragon into the altar but it seems to do nothing ? Unless something spawned in the alcoves around and I didn't notice.
Afair, in the CII you needed to put more than 1 object inside but I don't remember what did it trigger. Do we need 1 ingredient here or more ? I tried many objects without success.

When I examine the bones it says something about empty mirror and his ghost inside, I can't check it unfortunately because I already put there some nomal bones. So, anyone can hint whats up with this riddle ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Never solved it. As for your question about the gardening challenge. It's a gardening challenge. The goal is to place any item on the large pad you cannot access, or reach. Figure it out from there.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

about the dragon armour, it's a bug. The score should be increased.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

I think, beside guild endings, I miss only 3 things now.

Funereal rapier, 3rd cerberus and 1 scroll, according to Parallax's list.

I guess it might be hard to hint where is the last scroll (since I dont remember where I found 4 of mine), can anyone give me a hint what level should I look for the rapier and the third cerberus (got 1 from DC and Chamberlain), please ? (with sugar on top).
Last edited by iUSTINE on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

what is the eve tyrant and how do I get it? most of the riddles there confuse me but I do make a little head way from time to time. thanks again
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

stewy wrote:what is the eve tyrant and how do I get it? most of the riddles there confuse me but I do make a little head way from time to time. thanks again
No idea tbh, I thought its connected to Xanathar, but, well, I killed him and grabbed his loot, thats all.