Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Christopher wrote:In the golem room right before Xanathar, how do you close the pit that the one golem is trapped behind? I've tried putting clubs in all the alcoves, I've thrown items across the pit, and I've even killed the golem. Is there a way to close that pit? There's some stuff in the alcove across from it that I'd like to get.
It's exactly what you were not thinking of.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I don't think hell is good, i think you are supposed to avoid it with your decisions if you can!

Similarly, poor riddle solving leads to deth knight punishment!
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Really? Hmmm I'll try again, it must be different to Conflux II, I end up in the same place with the innocence scroll that gives me points, just filled with knights. And I did avoid it with my decisions, I got there through the huge maze beneath Moria and the King under the Mountain level not through the trial, although you can get there that way aswell.

Anyway, I found an extremely obscure bug that allowed me to ransack the guilds and get all the items, although with a new game and it takes a while to do. It also allows infinite training of of stats (mana, heath, stamina and dex str etc). It's hard to recreate though, it involves multiples saves, dying, loading and re-incarnating and resurrecting.

Also, the dragon armour the green dragon is carrying in the emerald forest doesn't give you competition points, and as i mentioned earlier surviving the trial via hell as it technically is surviving the trial.

And I've seen no sign of evil Xanathar, although his evil presence is clearly felt throughout the dungeon, any hints on where to search for his lair?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Zyx wrote:It's exactly what you were not thinking of.
Ah, Zyx, giving straightforward and obvious hints as always. :D
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Yeah, but I tried the wall buttons (for pits)... the pit is still there.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Started up a new game to get all the scroll spell information including if they're locked or not and I have an unusual but not first time bug. The last slot in Zed's inventory bottom row is shared with the second last slot in the same row. It is very minor and I don't need it fixed. I'm just mentioning it here in case someone wants to take a look and try to figure out what might have caused it or figure out a way to prevent it in the future. Basically Zed has one less inventory slot.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Doesn't sound good. I'd be interested
in seeing the game.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I have an internet access at last. everybody please pm me if I had any pending (and obviously forgotten) tasks to do.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Any hints on how to get up ninja levels quicker than hucking things, and how to open the door on the future machine?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The two ways of the temple have a common end point

Ninjas levels are also gained by things like jab (or is that fighter), but I still find punching golems works best
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Stab (not slash) and punches seem to gain you ninja levels the quickest.
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

well ive been doing more stuff: got the flaming sword from where saint prometheus stands. not sure what to do with the burning plasma though...tried throwing it at the ra door, lol!
got the stuff from the alcove in the mummy/blue haze/fireball room below the back entrance to the council.
went upstairs to 'Revenge' - are the spiders here invincible or something - no matter what i do i cant seem to kill one!
got my first throwing star! trying to work out the puzzle to the wizard's guild (i know there's a false wall leading to Nabi, but the clue means nothing to me! - i even tried casting a level 2 stamina potion [5 squares! lol] ) also found the cloning level, no sure what this is about, so left it well alone!
i remember finding the duplicator (i think the axe was here), but cant find it again. also cant remember how i sumbled upon the Altar of Assault, but im not ready for that yet! will keep looking.
i love talking about Conflux as much as i love playing it!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There's something easier than throwing the plasma!

There is a generator on the revenge room so you are maybe fighting alot more than a few invincible spiders

Conflux is a huge game, great to discuss and play :D
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

rise guardian rise - i take it each time you go down these stairs he regenerates :(
hey you - help me! - cant open that door, but i remember falling into that room (arent there loads of lord orders around?) before falling again... and again...
trying to get the emerald key from the closing doors/red buttons puzzle up the stairs (stairs of ashes) - i keep getting locked in behind the door! do i have to drop all items and run in, grab the key, and out again?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, you have to slug it out with the guys in one sitting without spinning on the stairs. Quite a pain!

To those in the know,golems have a fundamental flaw...the knowledge is hidden well in a riddle scroll

There is a cunning trick to that emerald key area....the door closing has nothing to do with your timing. Try it again and listen to why the door closes :D
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

hmmm... ok ive killed my first stone golem - punched him to death! (got bruised knuckles though) - the golem by the L fountain. also blasted open the door with the scorpion behind, and explored the area behind (get past some water elementals and black flames, but end up at a gate with electricity around it)...
i tried throwing a blast spore at the ra door near st. prometheus but this time it didnt work :( ... so ive decided to try and clear out all the Couatls instead. man they can move fast!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That black flame area is where you can fall from one of the other paths, there are two doors that are equal you would take. The golem area is the near the converging of the paths, and leads to the final wisdom of the temple
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

got my second potion bottle, and a map of the temple! hurray! i cleared out the couatls and killed the high 'geek' as the map calls him! lol. completed the giggler pit room with the lord orders, but ended up in hell! :twisted: not a nice place to be, i lasted about 3 seconds. so this time im heading towards the emerald forest (i think) - the scorpion room with the levers and stairs up and down. found the room with the coin slots, but i dont have a spare emerald key which i assume takes me to the emerald forest (is there a shop around here somewhere?) i'll have to go back to the door puzzle to try and get the emerald key there, except this time without being locked in! man this game rocks!
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

awesome! figured out the emerald key/door puzzle - much easier than i thought, i was trying to figure out a pattern, what with the spells zapping somewhere in the distance, and the two wooden doors behind the wall that kept opening and closing as well! now found myself in an area with a scorpion and grey fire demons which im doing at the moment (standing on an X) below the torture chamber. also got the blast spores from the dwarven area! man there's always something to accomplish!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The giant X area is the way to the council, one of the major quest points

Just because you are close does not mean you can easily do it of course - those councillors are powerful!
Ssskel
DMwiki contributor

hi

Post by Ssskel »

Hi,

I played a bit last year and wanted to give it a try again although I don't have a lot of spare time.
That's why I'm asking questions cuz I don't want to search for hours. That would make me quit again. Have some questions :

1- path of ephesus : there's a closed door in the area with 'genetic' testing (can reincarnate another zed). How to open this ?
2- the "note pure" door, I'm not getting either
3- what is the donation to the iron temple ?
4- oh, couldn't open the 2 doors in the way of tzu
5- can we reincarnate guild masters without losing endings ?

Thanks,
Bruno
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

2. There is a purge and pray area that will bless you and allow you to open the door.
3. Look very close at the wall behind the high monk.
5. Yes. Reincarnating is kind of strange because some pressure pads will have the regular character's name in text and others will have whatever name you gave to the character in text.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

It seems the "the water cancels your spell" effect affects the entire level including the stairs down towards hell beneath Moria, which means i was able to fit the area into my maps! Level 17 i believe.

Anyway, i seem to be stuck on three puzzles in this area, this area is making me feel foolish!
1. I can't get past the pit with the a stone golem around the corner, no clue as to how to close this pit.
2. The lever, button and pit puzzle. I can reach three levels and the blue button but that's it.
3. And the gardening puzzle. I've tried growing trees and getting them to move along towards the pressure pad at the end but they always end up moving forward and teleporting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ssskel
1. There is a button to open that door.
4. I have a feeeling there are some doors in the way of tsu that are actually opened from the other side, and come from the retirement room and higher appartments... I think...
5. Everyone's endings and so on are triggered by their items. So you can re-incarnate them, just don't throw away their stuff

Antman:
3. Try something stonier - it will take longer, but its natural decay and rebirth will eventually get there
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Antman:
1. I believe you enter that area from the other side.
2. I'll PM you because I can't make my text small.
3. The item you need to plant is in that area.
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

help i seem to be trapped! been playing around the 'standing on a big x' area - went over the false pit, went upstairs killed the little guy - scrolls about Vecna while she was a woman are here. cant remember what i did next - think i opened the door there.
now basically i am stuck - im on the stairs (ash stash) - at the top is the row of pits with fireballs from grey demons at the end and a scorpion, and an emerald door to the left (im out of keys). there are several stairs down (one of them seems to be hell level - as i begin to panic and when i look through walls i see fire and big creatures!) - at the bottom of the stairs is another door with a weird lock. basically this is all i can do!
strange thing though, when i go up the stairs so im on the ash stash bit - if i stay on the stairs i start getting attacked by what seems to be a scorpion - only there's nothing there - sounds like a scorpion and get poision damage. has something gone wrong with the game? :(
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

If I recall correctly, it is actually a worm on the stairs. You need at least two in your party to be able to kill it. The weird lock needs a Sar key and you'll need two of them in total. You shouldn't be trapped. Follow the path up (past the row of pits). It should take you back to the Golem area.
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

aha its ok - if i deliberately make a mess with the ash i transport to the blue hazes (be clean servant) - only just figured out i can eat ash!!! i'm FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ps. the worm on the stairs - its not there - its invisible, neither to my sides in the wall or in front. weird!
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Yeah, the worm is behind you as you are in the stairwell. You need it to attack a non-leader character to have them turn around, then you can kill it easily.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

If you are talking about the stairs to the emerald forest (with the section of staircase neighboring "Hell" at one point) then the monster is actually inside the wall behind your party. It's a static monster from one of the special guild endings. You might be able to turn and face it while on the stairs using a special spell, but even if you kill it here you won't get its treasure.