Help please - room with moving pits

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MeGaMaN
Neophyte

Help please - room with moving pits

Post by MeGaMaN »

Can someone please confirm which key fits into the keyhole in the room with the moving pits and also where to find it? It looks like a square shaped keyhole but turned on its side like a diamond whereas the one I have found (that doesnt fit) is a (back to front) N key (the fourth symbol on the second panel of the spells). I've looked all over and it's quite annoying!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Where did you find the ful rune key? There is a door with corridor beyond the shifting pits if I recall correctly, with lots of mummies (in sarcophigi) you have to fight
MeGaMaN
Neophyte

Post by MeGaMaN »

I cannot open the door with the mummies behind it because I don't have the key!

I'm not sure where I found the ful key as I've been everywhere looking for the other key! After checking the itemlist on dmweb it appears I am seeking the "Oh key". Any ideas where I get this?
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

maybe in the lightning area?
DUNNO it's been ages since I played dm2

but surely someone else can shed some light
on this?
or look at the encyclopaedia (quick links)

there is info .
there are maps and probably some spoilers also
.. so beware!
welcome to the forum MeGaMaN ,btw ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Odd. The walkthrough seems to indicate you use the ful key to do the mummy trail, and then remove the red tapestry at the end, behind which is the oh key you need

Sorry, been a while since I played the game, I rmemebered it as a straightforward progression of keys. Hopefully someone else has played it sooner than I have
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

doh!
just realised that you already where at dmweb!
:roll:
Rikuwuuf
Neophyte

Post by Rikuwuuf »

I just did this section and it frustrated me too. If I understand you I think you are trying to put the key you found into the keyhole directly across from the entrance. The key you have goes into the door on the right side of the moving pit room. (Yay my first post)
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

hey welcome! ;)
Slysar
Novice

room with moving pits

Post by Slysar »

there is a button on the wall to your right in that first room you walk in. press the button and a wall will disappear, the key is in the little alcove.
As for the moving pits, I have a super way of dealing with those pests: cast guard minions. the pits cannot come onto a spot with the guard minions so cast them as you walk towards the mummy room and you will never fall:)
Slysar

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”