[RTC] DUNGEON MASTER FOREVER demo version in french

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

do you like my game ?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 1

RAF68
Lo Master

[RTC] DUNGEON MASTER FOREVER demo version in french

Post by RAF68 »

The specificity of my dungeon :

THE CHOICE OF THE CHAMPIONS HAS A VERY BIG IMPORTANCE !,

Choose your champions according to your style,
If to prefer you choose armors ZEDDUKE THE KNIGHT the secret passages of the dungeon and the dungeon will reveal more armor,
If you preferred arm them with destruction choose CANON THE DESTRUCTOR...
Similar with all other champions,
The dungeon will be different according to the champions whom you go to choose.

The story :
Go down in the depths of the dungeon and discover its secrets.

The objectives :

Find the FIRESTAFF
Find the incantation
Find jewels of power
Assembled the jewel of power on the FIRESTAFF to complete the FIRESTAFF
Kill or to fuse lord chaos

secondary objective Not compulsory :

Find all the passages secret and all the pieces of gold
Find and collect all the scroll magic
find the Magnifier
Find the wall scroll of translation of letters
Find all the wall letters hidden
Find and collect the whole FLAT armor
Find and collect the whole LYTE armor
Find and collect the whole RA SAR armor
Find and collect the whole FIRE armor
Find and collect the whole DARC armor
Find and collect the whole RA armor
Find and collect the whole DRAGON armor
Find all the secrets of the creatures of the dungeon
Kill all the creatures of the dungeon
Find 3 weapons capable of fighting effectively the knights of the death

HELP :
The difficulter of the enigmae will be different according to your performance, example a player who would have find a lot of secret passage enigmes and puzzle afterward will be harder has touver the solution, another player who will not have find a lot of secret passage enigmes and puzzle afterward will be simpler has to find the solution...
If is you to block somewhere to consult the hint oracle, I have to reschedule the hint oracle on the totality of the dungeon ;) .

NOTE :
The complete version of the dungeon and it english is under construction
Especially do not hesitate to give me your impression onto the demo version of my dungeon, what you have to like, that you do not have to like, what could be to improve... For the version final of the dungeon with the totality of the dungeon and it english .

Have fun, please

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a video of Dungeon master forever : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be5u4Kt3UjU
Enjoy

demo of dungeon in available french here: - b.

Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)

and my second dungeon : http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 31&t=28893
Last edited by RAF68 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 63 times in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: NEW DUNGEON BE GOING TO COME

Post by beowuuf »

Looking forward to seeing it!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

even in french he is hard to read (lots of grammar and vocabulary mistakes)...
cela dit.. bonne chance pour ton donjon Raf :)
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

A question to prefer you in my dungeon a music all during the adventure or not?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Finding the correct background music is difficult - it has to enhance the mood, but it mustn't take away the focus from the game itself. It also mustn't be too repetitive or it will become annoying. These are probably the factors why most custom dungeons do not have music in them, or only at certain key points. The dungeon I'm working on has a full musical soundtrack, though. I put quite some thought to the selection of music and think it can actually enhance the experience, but from what I have heard so far, I am in the minority with this opinion.
In short: I'd like full music all along, but most others probably won't.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Music can be a great addition, but it should be low key and not dominate. Hardcore techno is probably not suitable... :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Gambit37 wrote:Hardcore techno
Yuck. :?

Strange, but I've always preferred dungeons without music. I'm probably too much influenced by the original DM, but I prefer silence with only the sounds of creatures walking around etc. (end eventually the scream of my dying party, erm).
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I tend to prefer sound-effects-only too, though sometimes a little touch of music here and there can signify something, or make you crap yourself, or whatever...something that springs to mind is a brief sting of "danger music" in Tomb Raider II, on the first level when you step out into a cave and these boulders start rolling toward you from a nearby slope.
There's also background "music" in the third Thief game (Deadly Shadows), but you don't really notice it most of the time because it's more like ambient background noise. I only kinda noticed it after I'd played the game through at least once.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Soft background music is ok (DM2). I prefer no music (DM).
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

@Raf : la musique n'est qu'un petit "plus" dans le jeu et ne doit surtout pas perturber le joueur. Tu peux mettre une musique permanente mais elle doit rester discrète et variée. Si tu restes dans un ton médiéval, un thème orchestral calme de plusieurs minutes devrait convenir. Dans mon premier donjon, j'ai opté pour plusieurs mp3 aux tonalités proches que je ne joue que dans certaines situations, le reste du temps, le silence est de mise !

(i won't translate because this is approximately what everyone said :))
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

I have another question for the moment I made my dungeon most realisme possible I is not at the middle on the walls of thrower's pieges of ball of fire(light) and poison and dagger which of the fleches Arrow one can as risk them of india jones I wanted to know if you to vouller when meme throws of ball of fire(light) and poison in my dungeon for pieges?

j'ai une autre question pour le moment j'ai fait mon dungeon le plus realisme possible je n'est pas mi sur les murs des pieges de lanceur de boule de feu et poison et dague que des fleches un peux comme les aventure de india jones je voulait savoir si vous vouler quand meme des lancers de boule de feu et poison dans mon dungeon pour les pieges?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

make it the way you want, don't spoil us !

fais le comme tu le sens, ne nous donne pas des détails !
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

I did not understand very much of that because of that bad english, but as ye can see from my text ye'r not the only one. New dungeons will certainly be welecomen as this game ar nay the best known ones so even one new dungeon can well be a big thing to go trough.
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

Trantor wrote:Finding the correct background music is difficult - it has to enhance the mood, but it mustn't take away the focus from the game itself. It also mustn't be too repetitive or it will become annoying. These are probably the factors why most custom dungeons do not have music in them, or only at certain key points. The dungeon I'm working on has a full musical soundtrack, though. I put quite some thought to the selection of music and think it can actually enhance the experience, but from what I have heard so far, I am in the minority with this opinion.
In short: I'd like full music all along, but most others probably won't.
Agreed. i love to occasionally put a VERY strong thorn demon somewhere along with it's music. No dungeon of mine nowadays is without a thorn demon fight or two!
dred
Neophyte

Post by dred »

Alors il vien quand ton Dungeon ??
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Seems like you could make a dungeon in French - there is a demand!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Heh, Google Translator translates the sentence "Alors il vien quand ton Dungeon." as "Then he comes when your Dungeon." Now that's interesting. I wish I studied French when I was younger. :)
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

Hello all ! , still one be able of patience my dungeon goes bientot to arrive, I think that it is very much going to please you.
PS your messages of encouragement and motivation are property come

salut a touses !, encore un peux de patience mon dungeon va bientot arriver, je pense qu'il va beaucoup vous plaire
PS vos messages d'encouragement et de motivation sont les biens venu
RAF68
Lo Master

GIVE IDEA ME YOUR FOR MY DUNGEON

Post by RAF68 »

ERASE
Last edited by RAF68 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RAF68
Lo Master

give idea me your for my dungeon

Post by RAF68 »

ERASE
Last edited by RAF68 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: give idea me your for my dungeon

Post by Trantor »

1. This is the completely wrong forum for this thread.

2. You have posted practically the same question in your thread "NEW DUNGEON GOING TO BE COME". If you do not get answers there, you will not get them here.

3. You have posted a very similar thread yesterday, though it seems it has disappeared. If you want to ask a question, please ask only once, not three times.

4. Many people here are designing their own dungeons. They probably want to keep their ideas to themselves, so they can surprise everyone when their dungeon is ready. Don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.

5. Your post is barely readable, even in French. Please use punctuation and capitals at the beginning of your sentences.
Last edited by Trantor on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I moved the one thread and merged the other thread into it. The point stands, though, don't ask the same thing three times.

I think #4 is key. Most of us can barely finish our own dungeons. I'm a good example. :P
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

You're a WRONG example, Sophia, because you have finished many dungeons, and all of them are excellent! Excellent! *bows* I'm a GOOD example, because I've started many dungeons and finished nothing. :?

Trantor is right, yeah. But... hehehehe... you would be a very strict teacher, lol! But, yes, you're absolutely right, very well said. :D
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

RAF68 personally I would like a mix of combattre and riddles in a dungeon.
(preference de mixture dans un donjon.)
However a riddle with very strong monsters that distract you while you are trying to solve and figure out the riddle is not fun most times. (mais peut-etre riddle sans monsters pour la abilite de concentration sur un riddle est meillieure qu´un riddle avec monstres.. pas possible de concentration!--trés ennervant!)

Therefore 2 parts>: one part where player has to fight monsters
other part where the party has to solve riddles but no monsters maybe?
(faire de deux trucs>: une etage sont avec monsters une autre avec de riddles.
pas du mixture de monsters et riddle normallement )
ultimately you should like your own dungeon!
il faut de vous va aimez votre donjon-ca faire le plupart!
look on food resources (gagner quelque chose a manger-óu?)

Then, when people here actually play the dungeon of yours, they will give feedback I am sure.
(alors, si votre donjon est finit, les joueurs de ca va dire-vous de que-ce-qu´ils pensent, je suis sure!)

hope you can read this!my french is rotten, I can read better than write though!
(vous comprenez? mon francais est trés mal, je suis mal a ecrire mais en peut meillieur à lire!)
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

I have definitely understood tres that you said zoom lens notes it down me
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

FYI Trantor et al, I silently deleted the extra thread.

RAF68: We can't understand you very well. Are you using automated translators? What is your natural language?
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

Jan wrote:You're a WRONG example, Sophia, because you have finished many dungeons, and all of them are excellent! Excellent! *bows* I'm a GOOD example, because I've started many dungeons and finished nothing. :?

Trantor is right, yeah. But... hehehehe... you would be a very strict teacher, lol! But, yes, you're absolutely right, very well said. :D
I neither have finished anything but tiny and test dungeons. Here is list what i have tried (no-one of these has got further than 1/5 or 1/4)

1.Dmjava about 7 years ago. Very very poorly made, did not have even image frames deleted, but added 4 difficulty levels however. Got it about 3 levels down. I anaboned the project after being unable to play for long time if I remember correctly. It was my very very first dungeon: in my very first attempts at making I accidently filled the palce with invisible walls, made a normal melee weapon have one charge and made a monster to steal all the time (trought that "steal" is "moving stealthly"!

2.I am sure i have tried to make somethin' with DMjava at this point but what I have no idea at all.

3.I started a classically built dungeon over 4 years ago. It was not bad, I even managed to put some new icons into it, and some not-too-easy fights. Unfortunately I had to quit after accidently damaging the DMjava editor next to useless by messing up with it's files. I made 1 or 2 levels.

4.Very distantly I can remeber making one part of my DMjava dungeon perhaps 3 or 4 or 5 years ago. I have a feeling I tried to make it hard... and that player would have to search corbamites... did it have a powergem too? One thing is sure: I did NOT complete it.

5.I started a dungeon with DMjava 2-4 years ago I think. I made a huge "battlefield" room in it with barricades, bones, rocks, different ammunition and pits everywhere. made about 2 levels but then got bored. Could have been somewhat good if I finished.

6.I remember making a center room with DMjava... the story and objective were probaly quite similar with "4.". I also added a battlefield in this one, and many cannons players could activate and such. I gave every weapon a defense bonus. But I also remeber making my champions too powerful by giving too good "abilites" to them and putting too much effort to the battlefield. I realised it would take far more effort to get the dungeon balanced than to make a new one. It was still probaly over 2 years ago.

7.This could have became a very good dungeon. It was a moderately difficult DMjava dungeon. There were accurate organizations for monsters. For example, a mummy guarding a prison cell right at start was extremely fast and dexterous, but very weak too. If you shot it, the text stated: "mummy unknown takes ## damage". But if you shooted any other mummy at dungeon, they were far more close to the stats of original, it stated "mummy #1 (or mummy #2) takes ## damage". There also were unique-statted monsters (unique mummy when hit: "mummy special takes ## damage). I made some great weapons too: longbow (slow, hard to use and heavy but very powerful), triple dagger (had a very deadly "thrust" attack), and a sledgehammer (my favorite, incredibly heavy hits and can war cry). It is not very long ago, probaly 1-2 years, but after making about 2 levels, all my work dissapeared for reasons unknown.

8.Also a good DMjava dungeon perhaps an year ago. I made 4 difficulty levels. it had a good craft, lots of new monsters and items, a smaller-sized battlefield and different supply alcoves for all 4 difficulty levels (difficulty levels were normal, challeging, merciless and totally dreadful. The supply alcove of "totally dreadful" had only a scroll saying "'tis scroll is thee supplies HA HA HA!". I got it 2 levels but stopped when I discovered there is RTC!

9.I first tested the rtc by trying to make a dungeon in finnish. When I grabbed the basics I tried to make a dungeon roughly based on DMjava:s map, but with LOT more powerful champions. I had some fun, most when replacing the sound of getting hit by palylist: 1.ATTACK_DRAGOTH 2.DEATH_DRAGOTH 3.DEATH_GLOP. It was so good idea that I still use it almost always. But I got bored because I had better ideas for my RTC skills quickly improved in the progress, so after 1/2 of the first level made I compiled the dungeon and anaboned it, trough it is still in storage.

10. Immendently after that I started to work for a huge dungeon, "storm of sar". It is without guestion the best I have made, and it also features things familiar from DMjava (I have probaly used it too much even when i am still bad at it). I have now made it 3 levels or so, and it is still under work. hopefullly I will complete this one!
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

DUNGEON MASTER HOMMAGE will be a dungeon which will like has all the world.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

@Duckman - Wow! That is a lot of work pending to be published there. I hope you can re-use lots of your ideas in Dungeon nº 10!!!
@RAF68 Good luck!... Bonne chance, I think you say? My French is terrible!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

@Duckman: OMG! You would create the World's largest dungeon if you connected all these things together!

I have started working on three dungeons, all based on existing fantasy stuff - Moria (erm, not the most original name, lol), The Two Towers (nothing to do with Middle-earth except the name) and Castle Death (Lone Wolf series). So far I've completed ca 10 % of these dungeons (hmmm, maybe 5 % in Castle Death - it's just a sketch and a few things in CSBWin). :? I think I'll never finish any of them. :?
Last edited by Jan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.