Animations!

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

OK, Ameena, those are awesome. I particularly like the Chaos Stalking one and the Roasting Marshmallow one. Looking forward to seeing more!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I have started doing one Beo suggested, but recently my dad rediscovered Icewind Dale whilst looking on the CD rack for something to play...We never really got into it before but I've started a game too and have been playing that. So you might have to bear with me a while hehe :).
Oh, and that "look behind you" one is probably my favourite too - seems to be the most popular among those who have replied to this thread :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There's something cute about Mophus and his smile though : )
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Okay now I'm scared...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*grins a psychopathic happy grin*
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Oh, don't be scared, I'm here to protect you!
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

But you are just a small girl with wings! : )
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

No, that's just my avatator, I'm actually a boy. She's one of my favourite characters.
So, Ameena, when's the next animation coming?
Oh, and Beowuuf, nice try. You won't make me stop protecting her, you're the one I'm protecting her against. LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

easy.. down boy.. .. er pixie.. thing... ...

Nevermind.. Fuzzface.. yer on your own. ;)

moo
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Okay, a wuffy dude gives me a scary Mophus smile and now I suddenly have a dinky blue fairy protecting me? Hmm...I think I will just give loads of riddles to the wuff monster and while his brain is exploding I'll leg it :twisted:.
And the next animation will come...erm...when I can be arsed to finish it ;).
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Reading Cowsmanaut's message:

Moo to you, cowsmanaut! Just incase you didn't notice, My avatator is a Fighting Blue Fairy. And how'd you get fuzzface?

Reading Ameena's Message:

Hey! What would you rather have, beowuuf being mean to you or some Fighting Blue Fairy protecting you. Can you give me a guess at when that would be? Near? Far? Middle? And what do you mean by wuffy dude, beowuuf?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah Beowuuf is Beo, Wuffy, Wuff, Wuff Dude, the Wuff Monster...I know my avatar is Fippy (aka modified Wuuf portrait) but my DM-Ameena is actually modified Hissssa. But Fippy turned out cute (as he was meant to) and I like his pic better :).
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Oh, that's interesting
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

he's also Fuzzface to me.. so I was adressing him.. saying that he's on his own as your pixie character tryies to jab him with your pin/sword
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

:twisted:
Dark
Journeyman
Location: USA, Washington (West Coast, not DC which some people in Europe confuse us with)

Post by Dark »

I once saw an Assassin on Ripley's believe it or not who used a pin to shoot thourgh glass... Pretty awesome stuff (Off-Topic)
CURRENTLY HAVING TO RE-DO MY ENTIRE VORTEX DUNGEON AFTER MY HARDDRIVE FAILED ON ME... I only have the Graphics to START ON... >:(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oooh, that would be something to see.

Poetry will easily distract me as a I go 'oooh, how did that get done so fast', or give me an on-topic thread calling out for an OT, or, you know, something shiny

I'm just a harmless grining maniac anyway, just like Mophus - why'd everyone always pick on him anyway! Leave Mophus alone! Sheesh, you people *shakes head and walks away, then spots a shiny penny rolling and chases it*
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I dropped that penny! Give it back!
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

I thought Mophus was doing well enough until you all started making fun of his smile again. He's not insane or anything, he's just happy! He's an optimist! Maybe there's some sort of "special" attribute to that food he has at the beginning! But regardless, he's a nice, happy, friendly guy.

I am sad.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Don't be sad, I dind't mean it, I'm sure everyone appreciates Mophus's happy outlook on life and 'special' breads
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I only made the animation as I neede an idea and I thought of the fact a lot of people on the forum think his smile is scary. After a few seconds of proper looking at his portrait (I've never really done so much before), I suddenly felt inclined to agree.
Incidentally, the way he walks off slowly at the end is meant to be almost kind of zombie/Terminator kind of slow walk of doom kind of...thing.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, never picked up on that : ) You need the scary music.
Then again, I didn't recognise Mophus to start with, so I'm not exactly the sharpest falchion in the dungeon.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I didn't recognize him either. You're not a weak little sword.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh well...I thought maybe having him facing the front at the start with his smile might help...plus how many people are there in DM with a beard and a permanent scary grin? :).
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

That's okay. It's hard to remember all the champions in Dungeon Master.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I recognized Mophus immediately. But then again, I was the one who suggested him as a "hero"...
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Different people see things that others don't.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It would have been funny to have Arnie appear behind Mophus, see the grin, then run off too : )
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol how could I draw a stick man and make him look like Arnie? I suppose I could have him holding some kind of big gun and say "Hasta la vista, baby" before Mophus turns round. I suppose even someone like Lord Chaos would work...or something without eyes like a Screamer or a Rock Monster...or something meant to be scary or fearless like a Scorpion (shudder) or something undead.
Oh speaking of Screamers...recently I've been playing Icewind Dale (a game very like Baldur's Gate - exactly the same gameplay only different story and you can make your whole party rather than just one character), and guess what? It has Screamers! Well, Shriekers (but that's another name for DM Screamers). They don't move from the spot and they look more like mushrooms than trees but they have tentacle/roots that they wave around (well mushrooms don't have roots but pfah), and they scream of course, and alert mobs which spawn nearby so you can keep doing it and getting tons of exp, muahahaha.
Errmmm seem to be wandering off topic...and in a thread started by me, no less! Hmm I should get on with that animation but Icewind Dale is addictive. If I come up with any more ideas for poems I'll do them too. And I haven't done anything to the story since I finished Level 3 so they'll be permanently halfway down those stairs unless I bother to start the next section.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Procrastinator! At least I have a reason for not carrying on with stuff jsut now...I'm watching videos. I mean..looking for work *whistles*

Yeah, Dm stole scramers from D&D I believe : )