How big is DM?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I was born in `79, so when DM first came out, I was 8. In late 80`s only 8-bits computers were popular in Poland, like ZXSpectrum, Atari800XL or C64. I don`t remember if many people had an Amiga or ST in `87 (they were much more expensive than 8bit computers). It was impossible to buy an original game version in the eighties in Poland. You could get all the games only in the special markets, where cracked versions were directly saved on your empty cassetes/diskettes by a saler (that`s because there was no property laws here). I was maybe 16, when I played it on my Amiga. Hmm, it was maybe `93 or `94...? I`m not sure.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
laztozia
Novice

Post by laztozia »

Cheers Gambit! These disks have been lying round for about 13 years, I can't wait to see whats on them! I'm sure I had DM on the Amiga but it never worked. I was bought my first Amiga in 1993, and then I became one of those people who 'inherited' another Amiga with all the 'extras' (1MB UPGRADE!!!!!!) and hundreds of games from my uncle when he upgraded to a PC. DM was amongst them.

Hi Adamo, I'm off to Krakow in Feb, I have friend out there, it's my 2nd visit, amazing place!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Hi Laztozia!
Krakow is indeed very beatifull, and as there are cheap planes from UK, I have a friends who works in Britain/Ireland and often comes back home for a while. I`m from Poznan.

I also had to upgrade Amiga (additional RAM), because some games didn`t work with 520 Kb :D now I`ve got 96 MB
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
Spoiler
laztozia
Novice

Post by laztozia »

Hello Adamo!
Yes I'm looking forward to getting out there again. England is quite dull in comparison! :D

96MB?! I didn't know Amigas had such prowess! My PCs 2GB worth of memory was never really a threat to the old 520K. :lol:

Upon playing DM again, I remembered the horror of encountering that first mummy behind the gate. Back then my cousin and I just stood in front of the gate for about 20 minutes afraid to unleash it!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Years ago, when I still had my Amiga, I used a PC-Bridgeboard to transfer files from Amiga to PC and vice versa via an internal bus. It worked quite simply and very well.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

PS: Can't say England to be dull, actually I'm quite fond of it.
laztozia
Novice

Post by laztozia »

Hi Lunever, thanks for the info, where could I get a PC-Bridgeboard?

Na England is ok, it has its ups and downs like any country. I just prefer being out of it!!!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Although I would expect such an old device to be difficult to find now, I found several bridgeboards on sale on ebay. I don't think you'll find them anywhere else. Establishing a network connection between an Amiga and a PC might be cheaper though. If you still have an Amiga 2000 or 4000 a bridgeboard might be worth a try, if you have a build that does not support internal expansion cards try the network solution. In any case, have a look at the links provided above first, certainly WinUAE users can provide more useful information about how to port Amiga files to PC best.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Laztozia wrote:
These disks have been lying round for about 13 years, I can't wait to see whats on them!
if it`s some rare version, you could inform ChristopheF about it, he`s the admin of DM/CSB encyclopaedia
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
laztozia
Novice

Post by laztozia »

Cheers again guys, I'll have it sorted yet!