[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I had the same problem, Chaos.
Spoiler
"Omit" is what you would expect from what you had to do at first. What happens is actually behind the now closed door.
I'm not sure whether you can already solve that puzzle, it depends on what you've been able to do in the next rooms (with the purple walls and all).
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos, amber walls are useless in the marble castle.
Spoiler
Omit two means four down and two up.
Igor,
Spoiler
this is the only teleport that doesn't work for the material body.
Maybe I should have devised an explanation for that, or design the area in a different way. To be honest I don't really like how I did it. Anyway,
Spoiler
even if you cannot teleport your material body, you might move the object you need...
In the future I'll release the .txt file, so you and the other players will be able to see all the mechanics I used. Thanks for your appreciation,
Spoiler
the underwater dungeon is my favourite :D
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I still don't understand...
Spoiler
I teleported a scroll out of that room, but can't access it as I have no way out... I tried putting an item in the pit, closing the pit and put an item here, teleporting Drake/Puck or even having an arrow next to each arrow on the wall, nothing seems to do... May I be missing the item to use? I can't see anything useful in my inventory.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thanks Adamski, That is what I was doing and didn't see anything happen. I'll do it again, but could you tell me how I know I have the right combo.
Spoiler
There is a pillar in the corner, does it disappear? does the door open? do I hear a sound, what happens?
so I know I got the right combo.

I will be thrilled when you release your txt file, that's fantastic man.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Igor Poulpupov wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:55 pm I had the same problem, Chaos.
Spoiler
"Omit" is what you would expect from what you had to do at first. What happens is actually behind the now closed door.
I'm not sure whether you can already solve that puzzle, it depends on what you've been able to do in the next rooms (with the purple walls and all).
That is making more sense
Spoiler
I don't know how to get past the purple cubes, there was also a 60 second timer with fireballs and button to get the other key, I noticed an umbrella behind a pillar, was that a part of the timer?
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

If I remember correctly
Spoiler
You don't have to mind the umbrella for now.
You have to concentrate on the purple walls puzzle(s). I think everything you need is in the room where the walls are.
Did you find how to use the yellow and blue spheres? You should have a scroll explaining how to use them. In some other game, they would be circles, blue and orange...
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Igor Poulpupov wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:27 am If I remember correctly
Spoiler
You don't have to mind the umbrella for now.
You have to concentrate on the purple walls puzzle(s). I think everything you need is in the room where the walls are.
Did you find how to use the yellow and blue spheres? You should have a scroll explaining how to use them. In some other game, they would be circles, blue and orange...
Yes, I figured the spheres out, I placed two
Spoiler
throwing stars in the sphere instead of throwing them like I should have, in the fire hall part
What are the magic rings for that I see all over the place. I know the cats came from them, is that all they do?
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Igor,
Spoiler
maybe you haven't entered the Meditation Hall with your material body yet.
Chaos, don't worry about the magic rings, they just show the places where the cats appear.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I have some concerns about the old lady's house,
Spoiler
Spoiler
What happens if something gets left behind after dealing with the cats? Goro's stats have disappeared I can only see his attributes, I know they get swapped back out but am worried it might have an affect
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos,
Spoiler
jinx cats drain experience and levels when they die. The smart thing to do is to use the sleep spell instead of killing them. If you kill them, your 'aged' party experience is lost forever. However that doesn't have any effect on the experience obtained before getting old. For this reason it's worse losing experience when your party is young.
Unluckily you cannot get back any item left behind in a dream, so be careful.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 pm Chaos,
Spoiler
jinx cats drain experience and levels when they die. The smart thing to do is to use the sleep spell instead of killing them. If you kill them, your 'aged' party experience is lost forever. However that doesn't have any effect on the experience obtained before getting old. For this reason it's worse losing experience when your party is young.
Unluckily you cannot get back any item left behind in a dream, so be careful.
I replayed it and kept the old stats to see what would occur. It is weird, Electra became a Pal master when i killed the cats, when I didn't she remained an Ee master wizard. Gora, I had all his attributes written down, he definitely was better off not killing the cats, that is fantastic work man. When removing the character and aged them, and then adding them back that it appears you added the experience gained while being old and punished when killing those cats. really nice work man.

Thanks for the tip about the dream world, I knew I couldn't get back but you might have teleported them to a place for later. I think everyone should know to be careful about that dream world, don't put keys down for sure.

This is a really amazing game
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I gave the fairy what she wanted, got access to the fairy village, found two items but no access to their little world, is that it for the village?
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

At the amber tower where the other faerie has a shop. Is that the only place to sell objects? Are their more shops where the coins and gems are needed? Should I sell food to build up wealth for other important items?
Spoiler
I played the flute in the forest near the scarecrow, had all those plants come to me but that door stayed closed
nice work on the control Adamski.
Spoiler
There is a weapon inside the cloud castle behind a purple cube and a sign on the wall that says, 'take up all destinations' what does that mean?
In Dream Castle, the door is now closed for the music hall, does it open again?
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Yes, it's the only shop where you can sell items (food and ingredients).
Spoiler
Past the river there is another shop where you can buy food, arrows and bombs. You'll see in next game chapter.
You'll open the gate next to the scarecrow
Spoiler
once finished the castle eastern wing. The critters are part of a subquest. Read the books "Incredible machine" and "Jack 'n' Spiro" to figure out what you need to do.
The weapon in the cloud castle is another riddle. Perhaps "take up" is not the best verb I could use. Read like it is "fill".

It's strange you found the music hall door closed. Did you complete the eastern wing area?
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I just finished it, took me almost 30 hours. Well, not exactly "finished", I have 23 secrets left and will try to find them all with the hope I can get a different ending...

It really was amazing. I love how in each of your games you find great ideas for puzzles and how you based complete sub-dungeons over them in Underworld Dreams. The amount and quality of the new graphics and animations was incredible. The spirit of the game was very nice too, beautiful story. And it was pretty well balanced overall.

Many thanks for the time you put in this.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Igor, thank you for your opinion :mrgreen: I tried to do my best, but there are still things I need to fix (grammar mistakes, bosses too easy, crashes, dead ends...) Optimizing and balancing the whole thing was very hard.

About the different endings, I have to disappoint you :cry: : the story of Underworld Dreams is the background to Tower of Champions story, it cannot be different.

I'm currently working on ToC Ultimate, that is Tower of Champions with new graphics (like UD) and new levels. If you played and finished ToC, you must remember that at the end
Spoiler
Alexei gives Lord Chaos' head to Sibelius, getting the key for the Nine Worlds in exchange. The game ends when Nadir shows Alexei the way.
What happens next? I don't like unfinished stories. ToC ultimate will have more than one ending. Symplifyng the dungeon and removing several useless items I'll be able to add the 'Nine Worlds' levels and lead the story to its conclusion(s). All the secrets will be revealed. It's my final work with RTC.

Thanks again for playing.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:59 pm Yes, it's the only shop where you can sell items (food and ingredients).
Spoiler
Past the river there is another shop where you can buy food, arrows and bombs. You'll see in next game chapter.
You'll open the gate next to the scarecrow
Spoiler
once finished the castle eastern wing. The critters are part of a subquest. Read the books "Incredible machine" and "Jack 'n' Spiro" to figure out what you need to do.
The weapon in the cloud castle is another riddle. Perhaps "take up" is not the best verb I could use. Read like it is "fill".

It's strange you found the music hall door closed. Did you complete the eastern wing area?
I read both those books,
Spoiler
one gives me a clock in the forest, the other book just reads the story and shows the scarecrow and those plant monsters
The music door is closed, I think I closed it while inside there, is there no way back inside? I'll send the save game. I did not finish that area, I need the bell still.
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos,

I checked your savegame. It's OK. Just enter the music hall by passing through the eastern wing. There is a rope lever that you can use to reopen the door.
Spoiler
You also forgot a book in the eastern tower. You need it to progress. Forget the bell at the moment.
About the other books:
Spoiler
Jack 'n' Spiro has nothing to do with the scarecrow. Put both stories together (Jack 'n' Spiro and The incredible machine) to find out the riddle solution.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Adamski wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:52 pmIgor, thank you for your opinion :mrgreen: I tried to do my best, but there are still things I need to fix (grammar mistakes, bosses too easy, crashes, dead ends...) Optimizing and balancing the whole thing was very hard.
For the crashes, I had quite a lot of them while reloading actually. I don't know the reason for that, I'm not sure it's due to your module: I know I should do a fresh install of RTC0.49 because I always get a crash during the ending (where the numbers of spells casted are listed), no matter which module I'm playing.
Adamski wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:52 pmAbout the different endings, I have to disappoint you :cry: : the story of Underworld Dreams is the background to Tower of Champions story, it cannot be different.
Alright then. I don't remember exactly what happens at the end of ToC, so I wasn't sure if you could find a trick to have a different ending for Underworld Dreams or not...
Adamski wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:52 pmI'm currently working on ToC Ultimate, that is Tower of Champions with new graphics (like UD) and new levels.
Good news!
Adamski wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:52 pmIt's my final work with RTC.
Whaaaaaat? Shouldn't we get two more "U-D" games from you??? :cry:
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Hi everyone, a merry Christmas to all of you!
Might I ask for a small clue for the shy stairs please? :)
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Leslie:
Spoiler
the stairs go shy when they hear you coming...
Adamski, I still have 15 secrets left... Messaging you to get some clues.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I am facing strange behavior on the top of the amber tower.
I went to the figure which turned into a gargoyle after I cast some fireballs on it. I gueess, this is the boss fight, right?
Then during the battle I fell into one of the pits, because I did not realize that some creature below was destroying the amber walls closing the pits.
So, killed the ogre and rebuilt the amber walls. A button created a teleport which took me back upstairs to the amber figure. The ogre was also back, I noticed. The gargoyle was gone, but the amber figure was there again. So, again cast fIreballs against the figure. At some time it vanished, but no gargoyle appeared. Did I do something wrong?
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

@Hi Leslie, I know what you are going through. I believe you have to kill him and not fall down the pits. I used health potions and took him on directly, no running. It's tough.

@Adamski, at that strange house with the little girl where the book is, it is quite the challenge to make it to the cellar. The puzzles are unique, I can see where the 5 years came from in the making of UD, spot on man.
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:53 pm @Hi Leslie, I know what you are going through. I believe you have to kill him and not fall down the pits. I used health potions and took him on directly, no running. It's tough.
I would like to give that tactic a try, but, as I said, the gargoyle does not show up again.
After failing at the first time by falling down a pit, I can now blast the statue, but get no gargoyle to battle :(
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Igor,
I sent you a PM with some tips.

About the crashes when you reload, they depend on the limit of new items. It is not the in-game object limit, it concerns exclusively new elements you create or load, that is new graphics, animations, sounds, spells, items, attack metods, wallsets etc. In Underworld Dreams I can reload only 15 times. The 16th time I try to reload, the game crashes and I have to start again RTC.exe and load last savegame. If I remove 4 elements (for example 4 new sounds) and I test with 4 characters, I gain one more chance to reload. Testing with 3 characters, I gain a chance to reload by removing 3 elements. And so on. Its really odd.
Whaaaaaat? Shouldn't we get two more "U-D" games from you??? :cry:
About a month ago I replayed Tower of Champions. I was curious to play it again after many years. Well, I was horrified when I saw the graphics. It's really bad compared with UD. I think ToC needs some make-up. But the most important thing is to finish the story. That's my priority. I also have a wonderful text correction by Darth Mouse that I never used, and I'm sorry. Therefore no more U-D- games? Most likely I won't do, especially because I used too many ideas for Underworld Dreams.

Leslie,
the gargoyle statue is a monster whose property is set to INVINCIBLE. It's literally impossible killing him. So I don't know what happened. A bug? Anyway, you have to reload because to complete the Amber Tower I must kill the gargoyle when he is "alive".

Chaos,
how far did you get in the cellar?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi Adamski

I found a couple of weapons and I used the ruby key, not stuck yet.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I found the dark heart, and there is a door that says, open before the evil vanishes to get that ice spell, but how do I do it? I am worried if I play from here I'll never get that spell.
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Thanks for the tips Adamski, I'll look into the secrets again. There are some things I've seen already (such as a secret button) but didn't find how to use, I'll concentrate more on these.
ToC has pretty good graphics I'd say, but now if you want to compare with U-D, of course... :)
BTW, if you want some help with text correction in U-D (don't know how the text is in v1.2), I can help. I'm not a native english speaker but could still help.

@Chaos: you can get the spell somewhere else, but it's better to get it there.
Spoiler
The door direction is forbidden to your party, that's the only limit.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

@Chaos: you can get the spell somewhere else, but it's better to get it there.
Spoiler
The door direction is forbidden to your party, that's the only limit.
I know, I can't look that direction, so I just need to open the door somehow???
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

How can you open a door? There's one thing that will help you do that... Look around, you don't have to search very far.